How do you disable Preview mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you disable Preview mode?

Hi, as with many others on the forum I've hit the problem where Actinic takes 40s(+) to load every time I do so much as change a variable and hit apply. I'm running a test Javascript alert on my global layout which pops up every time I make a change, confirming that this reloading is indeed taking place every time.

How exactly do you *disable* the preview mode and thus all the Javascript code, making development productive again? I've read about closing the preview tab but this doesn't have an effect for me - I'm still seeing the JS alert pop ups and suffering long load times despite the preview window being closed.

Many thanks.
    Chris
    Adapt Design & Advertising
    www.adaptdesign.com

Cardoons.co.uk - Cards With An Inflated Personality
    www.cardoons.co.uk

From the Knowledge base (How to improve the performance of Actinic’s content tab)

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45309

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I'm in the middle of what has become a lengthy upload, but I'm very confident that "If have added an 'Add this' bookmark button but find that the software runs slowly: Click here" will be exactly what I'm after. Thanks a lot, which I had posted earlier!
      www.adaptdesign.com

www.cardoons.co.uk

Comment

Ah, yes. The 'add this' button has slowed down plenty of Actinic installations in it's time. We all know it can slow down webpages, but now imagine Actinic trying to fetch lots of them for it's preview cache.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

In hindsight, it makes perfect sense. It has sorted the issue and Actinic is now as fast as before, so thanks again!
          www.adaptdesign.com

www.cardoons.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X