Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing the states dropdown

Hi There,

I having a few problems with one of my clients sites. Im trying to remove the states dropdown on checkout stage 1 with not much luck.

The things i have done are:

removed the states from the actinic database.
    hidden the states dropdown with the javascript code mentioned in one of the treads
    made sure that no states are being used in the shipping, tax and payment part of the business settings.

The problem is its still asking for a state/province if i choose Canada or USA.

Please can someone help me with this?

The website URL is www.progrow.co.uk

Many thanks
    Angi
    Last edited by Angi; 19-May-2009, 11:12 AM. Reason: add link
    christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    skatewarehouse.co.uk
    progrow.co.uk
    cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Have you followed the KB advice?

Comment

Hi Lee,

I have and I do have certain payment options ticked for "limit by location" and my client is shipping all over the world.

im really stuck on this one, I have spend hours in the forum and knowledge base and the thing wont go away.

Whats even weirder is if I pick Canada in the dropdown and all its states have been removed its still asks for a state, why is it asking for a state when there is none for it to choose from?

My brain hurts, please help?

Thanks
      skatewarehouse.co.uk
      progrow.co.uk
      cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Hello,

The problem is fix now basically Actinic said:

"The problem is not the shipping it is the tax controls.
        Although you have 'United States' and 'Canada' added to the appropriate shipping zone, they are not in a tax zone.
        Please go to 'Settings | Business Settings | Tax' and select 'No Tax levied' and click 'Edit Zone' and select 'United States' and 'Canada' one at a time in the 'Available Regions' window and click < to transfer them into the 'Zone Members' window and click 'OK' then click 'OK' to close the 'Business Settings' dialog box.
        Once you have uploaded the site the changes will take."

So if any one gets stuck on this, try this and see if thats causing the problem.

Angi
        skatewarehouse.co.uk
        progrow.co.uk
        cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X