Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swift v2 Sort and Filter functions

Hi everyone

I have implemented the latest Swift v2 upgrade and changes. One thing I would like some more info on is the Sort function.

1. There does not appear to be a sort function in Desktop mode (unless a filter is applied?) See our test website and a sample section page https://www.harveymaps.co.uk/acatalo...er-maps-p1.htm

The filtering is there and works fine, but there is no option to sort the product list unless a customer uses filtering?

2. This leads me on to my second query - when in mobile view, the new Filter and Sort buttons that appear - the Sort button does nothing unless a filter is clicked first? Then the sort function becomes active, even if all the filters have been cleared.

Am I missing a trick here regarding all of this? It feels like a bug, as I would have expected there to be a sort function as standard and also one that works without the need for a filter to be ticked first. It's more than plausible that I have not got the right tickboxes and options set correctly in Sellerdeck too of course.

Any help greatly received.

Adam

Sorry, link above is wrong. Try https://www.harveymaps.co.uk/acatalo...r-maps-p1.html

Comment

Hi Adam

1. The sort function is only available when a filter is in operation - either when a filter is actually applied, or immediately if filtering is the default view for the section.

That's not particular to Swift, it's a limitation of the search and filtering function in Sellerdeck generally.

2. It's a bug that the sort option is visible in mobile when a filter is not in operation. Thanks for mentioning that, I will raise a ticket for it.

In principle I see no reason why changing the sort order shouldn't work, just by switching to filtering as the view. I will add that to the wish list.

I hope this clarifies.
      Bruce Townsend
      Ecommerce Product Manager
      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Hi Bruce, many thanks for the reply, that clarifies things for me. I shall play around with the filtering as a default view for the sections.

If there is a workaround in the short term to remove/hide the sort button in mobile view for pages that do not have filtering set as the default view, I would be keen to implement it.

It looks odd as it is at the moment (ie the sort button is redundant) on section pages that only contain sub-sections but allow filtering of the products in those sub-sections.

Many thanks, Adam

Comment

Working...
        X