Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Truncated

Hi
    I've searched the knowledge base and looked through the forum for answers, found some unsuccessfully tried them and now I need a bit of extra advice on this one.
    When I uploaded Actinic yesterday I got a box saying Data Truncated. So I searched the forums. Found an answer that included this: "This means that somewhere in the catalog you have entered too many characters for a certain field."
    I thought I knew exactly which field I had entered too many characters into so I changed it to make it contain less characters - it was a title of a fragment in my home page. I did this and then the rest of my homepage fragments disappeared (I have a back up, thank goodness!).
    But I'm still getting the Data Truncated box. Customers can still access my site online, they can still order and I can still receive their orders and process them but I can't upload my site (I have changes that require uploading).
    I've now tried Purge Catalog and Compact Database but it comes up with Truncated Data box again when finished.
    Can anyone advise please?
    Julie

Try running my spell checker program, it checks the lenght of the fields that it spell checks, so it if is one of those, it will find it, work out that it is too long and allow you to correct it. You can run a free trial for my program at this URL :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Cat...lth_Check.html

If this doesn't work, you probably need to contact Actinic support as they will be able to fix your database for you.

The good news is that when the erroneous field is found, your other changes will reappear, they haven't been removed from the database, Actinic just can't load them at the moment.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
    X