Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another width question

on my homepage.. I have a fragment HERE

I'd like this to display as full width but it currently only displays as 80% because that is what my "width of product list" is in my site options.

Question is..how do I get this fragment to show full width but keep my product layouts at 80%?

I've experimented a bit (well, a lot) with changing the "width of product list" to 100% and then editting the product layouts to display at only 80% but my limited knowledge is failing me and I haven't managed it

Is there something I can wrap around the ProductLayout perhaps that would display everything at 80% and leave the FragmentLayout at 100%?

Sorry if that sounds simplistic...design really isn't my forte
    Tracey

Tracey,

Your 'width of product list' is a box that restrics the width of everything inside it.
    Acinic considers fragments as a *special* type of product, so the fragment is part of the product list.

What you want can be done - look at the code for having a single fragment above multi column products - maybe you can adapt that concept to suit your need.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Bill, thanks, I'll do that.

I knew why it was doing it...just wasn't sure how to "fix" it (search terms being a bit vague didn't help me )

Cheers
      Tracey

Comment

ahh jees...simple when ya think about it!

productlistwidth variable...set place of setting to site level (where it already was) AND added it at section level

Made the default setting 80% as that's what I want it to be through the store...but changed it on the homepage to be 100%!! (although might reduce to 95 or 90...but that's beside the point) so it displays this one fragment wider.

Job done...
        Tracey

Comment

That's it Tracey - you are now thinking, living and breathing pure v8 - think outside the box - good simple solution.

Love it!
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
          X