Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I display custom product variables in the Search Results layout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I display custom product variables in the Search Results layout?

Hi all, the title says it all really!
    I have created product searchable variables, have got some of them on the search page as drop down lists and the search works properly.

Now I want to display some of these and other custom product variables on the search results page.

After 2 hours of trawling through Actinic docs and these forums I just cant see how its done - I have followed one thread which describes how to mod the results layout and searchscript.pl to add the product reference and that works perfectly.

Is this doable in Actininc please?

Many thanks,
    eskeys.

The Perl search scripts only have access to a few basic product variables. You can't directly do what you want.

However all is not lost: I posted a very complex tweak that allows the search results to become a list of complete product layouts (and these of course can display your variables).

See the Knowledge Base article at http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45113 for the intro.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
      The Perl search scripts only have access to a few basic product variables. You can't directly do what you want.

However all is not lost: I posted a very complex tweak that allows the search results to become a list of complete product layouts (and these of course can display your variables).

See the Knowledge Base article at http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45113 for the intro.
      Thankyou Norman
      I will certainly looks at that. On another point, I had a peek at your website last night and like the look of your menus - particularly Norlist - do they automatically update themselves when I add/delete sections/subsections or are they managed separately from?

many thanks again. Paul.

Comment

Thankyou Norman. I will definitley have a look at that.

On another point, I looked at your website last night and like the look of your menus - paricularly norList - can you tel me please - do the menus automatically create themselves dependant on my sections/subsections in actininc, or do I have to edit them manually? - do you have any docs for their installation please?
        Thanks. Paul.

Comment

All my menu's get created from the Section structure and automatically adapt when you change it. Once installed there's nothing futher needs doing.

It's supplied with several different visual styles and full installation / usage documentation.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Great I'll be buying one then!
            Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X