Shipping Surcharge for oversized items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Surcharge for oversized items

What would be the best way to set this up?

I charge a flat fee £3.99 for economy delivery, but if someone adds an oversized item, specifically a hockey stick, then I have to pack it into another parcel. This means I get charged for two parcels by my courier and sometimes an oversized item charge for the larger of the two.

I would like it to somehow add an extra £5 if someone orders a hockey stick, however should they order two hockey sticks there would be no need to add the £5 a second time.

I have tried to set this up using a Shipping Supplement of £5 and ticking the box for apply only once per order. But this didn't seem to apply anything?
    www.prolineskates.com

Hi there,

This sounds like you need to use the shipping supplements feature on the 'product| Details' tab. You may also tick the 'apply supplement once per order' to prevent an additional supplement cost being added.

I hope this helps.
    Regards
    Natalie Omany
    sigpic
    Actinic Online Technical Support
    www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

I apologise, I missed that last bit.

I have tried to set this up using a Shipping Supplement of £5 and ticking the box for apply only once per order. But this didn't seem to apply anything?
      The shipping supplement will work if you have your shipping basis (drop down on 'Business Settings| Shipping and handling| zone/class tables' tab) set to 'Category/Quantity/Value'.

What is your current calculation basis?
      Regards
      Natalie Omany
      sigpic
      Actinic Online Technical Support
      www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Ah, I have it set to 'Weight in KG' at the moment, I'm not sure if I want to change this for now as it may impact on other things. I didnt set this site up, I inherited it from someone else thanks for the reply tho.

If I change it to one of the others, what is this likely to affect?
        www.prolineskates.com

Comment

Working...
        X