Exclude from shipping still prompts for shipping type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exclude from shipping still prompts for shipping type

I've got one product on a free shipping offer. However, at checkout the customer is still prompted to select 1st class packet or Special delivery, both of which are free. Is there a way to stop this as the free shipping offer won't be going via special delivery!
    www.homeautomation-direct.com

Energy Monitors and X-10 automation hardware

Are you shipping by weight? if so input a heavy weight, make that weight ok on the correct service and not allowed on the other, that might work.

Comment

That didn't work. When you tick the exclude from shipping box the weight field is not alterable. If you untick the box, save the new weight (which is outside the scope of special delivery) then tick the box again, both shipping options till appear.

Actually there is a bug here in that the weight, alt weight and shipping quantity should grey out and they don't.

Comment

Hi Nicky

It isn't really a bug that these fields don't grey out. The idea is you might still want to maintain weights and volumes for reference without actually charging shipping for those items - just in case you decide to charge shipping later on.

I'll report the issue about still having the shipping choices appear, but there isn't any way around this I'm afraid.

Comment

My point that it was a bug that they don't gray out was because the fields go to read only. So to be consistent, they should go gray as you can't enter any data into them.

Comment

Working...
          X