Incorrect Shipping Calculation with components/associated products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorrect Shipping Calculation with components/associated products

I'll try to explain what I mean. Maybe it's just me expecting Actinic to use logic

I use shipping by weight and ALL my items have a weight of 1 (because, actually, my shipping is 'per item' to a degreee)

I have 4 items available to order individually. Each has a weight of 1

I also have a product set up which allows customers to order this item as a 'suit'

This product has 4 components, one for each associated product.
    Each component is set up to 'use associated product names' ONLY
    The other options 'use associated product shipping' and 'use associated product prices' are UNTICKED

The pricing model for this main product is PRODUCT PRICE

All seems ok, ok??

Except, when someone orders this 'suit', the shipping is calculated at a weight of 5, so overcharging.

If I had the 'use associated product shipping' ticked in the components, I could understand it, but I don't.
    So why is Actinic adding all FIVE items together to calculate the shipping?

Is it me doing something silly or is it Actinic doing something wrong?

Thanks as always
    Tracey

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
    Is it me doing something silly or is it Actinic doing something wrong?
    Yes your probably doing something silly, and yes actinic is probably doing something wrong aswell.

Comment

On a serious note, i'm sure i had something similar ona previous version when i tried setting up starter packages for kites, i wanted to link it to the products for stock levels but found i could not get the free delivery i offered.

I thought it was me and gave up, could have been back as early as v7

Comment

OK having run some tests i get the same problem

I have a product with zero weight, i then added 4 componants to it, and selected use product name, everything else is unticked, i dont have seperate order line ticked either. Under the main product i have use product price only

D

Comment

Hmmm ticking exclude from shipping calculations does not work either

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
            OK having run some tests i get the same problem

I have a product with zero weight, i then added 4 componants to it, and selected use product name, everything else is unticked, i dont have seperate order line ticked either. Under the main product i have use product price only

D
            When you say 'zero' weight do you mean that you have left the weight field blank or you have put '0' in it. If it is blank then it will take the default weight as set in the Shipping & Handling settings. I have just tested this out with '0' as the weight and it only calculated the shipping on the components and not the main product (ie only charged £4 instead of £5).

Hmmm ticking exclude from shipping calculations does not work either
            This also worked ok for me. I was charged the correct price by ticking this box even when leaving the weight field blank.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyG View Post
              When you say 'zero' weight do you mean that you have left the weight field blank or you have put '0' in it. If it is blank then it will take the default weight as set in the Shipping & Handling settings. I have just tested this out with '0' as the weight and it only calculated the shipping on the components and not the main product (ie only charged £4 instead of £5).
              Nope 0 weight in the box, and yes this is the problem Tracey, it should not be using the weight from the componants if you dont have "use associtated shipping ticked" well thats the way i understand it, you want it to use the main product weight not componants
              .[/quote]

Does that make sense

Comment

it should not be using the weight from the componants if you dont have "use associtated shipping ticked" well thats the way i understand it
                Ah, I see. I thought the problem was that it was adding the shipping for 5 products rather than just the 4. Let me check how that is supposed to work.
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyG View Post

This is wrong for how I want it to work.

I WANT shipping to be charged for the MAIN product only, NOT the components
                  All have default shipping of 1 but, as I have the 'use associated product shipping' UNticked, I'd expect it to ignore the weights of the associated products but it isn't.
                  Instead of charging for ONE product, it's charging for FIVE. (main plus components)
                  Nowhere in the setup is it set to combine anything. Price/weight/shipping/whatever
                  Tracey

Comment

Working...
                  X