shipping destinations not matching my shipping zones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shipping destinations not matching my shipping zones

In our site, a customer get the option for around 29 countries (UK, USA, Canada and then several European countries) as well as a "none of the above" option.

However in business settings we have 3 shipping zones: UK, Europe and Rest of World. A customer from Australia recently ordered and selected 'none of the above' as Australia wasn't an option. However this then defaulted to a low shipping cost which didn't cover our costs!

How can we ensure all our shipping countries (ie, those visible in Actinic | Settings | Locations) are visible in the 'select shipping destination' drop down box on checkout??

Help!

On the configuration tab within shipping and handling, there is a radio button to set what's to happen if no band is defined, i suspect reversing that will sort out your problem.

Comment

I had that problem, we had customers from the Far East not selecting their country (only applied to one country strangely), so I was advised to select 'do not allow shipping' if the shipping band was not defined in the checkout - e.g. no country was selected. However, today we received an order, from that country and even though 'do not allow shipping' is selected the customer didn't put their country in the country field box but it still allowed the order to be processed and paid for. Am I missing something?
      Nigel Singer
      www.lifetools.com
      Solutions for Life

Comment

Strange I had an email from Actinic saying somone had replied to this thread, I clicked on the link the message Actinic Forum said was posted here, well, it isn't showing!? I was hoping it was a solution to an on-going problem.
        Nigel Singer
        www.lifetools.com
        Solutions for Life

Comment

Working...
        X