Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you combine category & quantity shipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you combine category & quantity shipping?

We have quantity based shipping with a non-linear scale of charges

Now we want to add another, non-linear set of charges for a new product.

The rates are a bit erratic, eg $5 for 1, $8 for 2, $10.50 for 3 etc.

I tried adding a new category but that seems to be a simple fixed price per item.

What I want is two sets of quantity based shipping charges.

Any ideas gratefully received.

I know I'm replying to my own thread, it's my age!

I wondered if its possible to restrict which classes a product can be shipped with. ie can we have parcel post for big items and normal mail for small items but not let the customer choose?

That would solve my problem I think.

Comment

If you setup categories for the products in question, you then apply those categories direct to the products on the 'details' tab, so that they use those rules.

Comment

Thanks.

Is it possible, though, to have more than just a simple 'price per item' when you use categories? We want one price for 1 item, a different price for 2 and so on, much like quantity based shipping.

Comment

If i needed to setup what you do, id have by wieght shipping across the board and have specific weights in for these products aloing with tiers in the shipping tables that catered for just those weights, that's the easiest way to do this, imagine each one has 1000kg in as the weight and then set tiers up for those quantities you want.

Comment

Thanks.

I was heading in that general direction because the charges we are introducing are all based on Royal Mail charges which of course are weight based.

We've only got three products so it should be quite straightforward.

Comment

Working...
            X