X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Community login and software problems

Hi All,

I'm just back from illness and holiday and understand there are significantly frustrating problems with the Sellerdeck Community currently, reported both by staff internally and Community members in the thread below (which kinda got hi-jacked from it's initial purpose).

https://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=57498

This seems to be since updating to HTTPS across the site. It was already my plan to get the Community upgraded to a newer/newest version of vBulletin as soon as practical.

Frankly, I'm not yet sure how difficult this could prove to be. Update to follow!

Justin
    Ops Manager, Sellerdeck

Before I posted the message above, I did some Googling. In the short-term, I've turned on "Add No-Cache HTTP Headers".
    If you enable this option, no-cache HTTP headers will be added to each page. These cause full page data to be re-requested from the server every time the user gets a page, which will increase bandwidth; it may additionally cause an increase in server load as it will cause more pages to be served.

My reasoning behind this is that when accessing the site using Incognito/Private Browsing modes in Chrome/Firefox/Safari, vBulletin seems to leave you logged in. (Fully clearing your browser cache does seem to rectify the login/logout issues in our testing but that's not a fix).
    Ops Manager, Sellerdeck

Comment

Hi Justin,

the forum has been completely broken for me using Chrome the last couple of days.

All I ever seem to get is redirected to https://community.sellerdeck.com/profile.php?do=dst

which says

Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.
      Which I've tried but it does nothing.

This happens no matter how I get to the forum and seems to persist at the home page and sub forum levels.

The only way I've even managed to get to this post is to find it in IE and then copy the url into Chrome.

This is way worse than before.
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
        Hi Justin,

the forum has been completely broken for me using Chrome the last couple of days.

All I ever seem to get is redirected to https://community.sellerdeck.com/profile.php?do=dst

which says

This happens no matter how I get to the forum and seems to persist at the home page and sub forum levels.

The only way I've even managed to get to this post is to find it in IE and then copy the url into Chrome.

Happy 8,000th post!

I'm not experiencing any issues except for having to force reload every time to check for new posts, and the logout timer is pretty quick as well.
        Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

Hi Justin,

which says

Thanks for this Mike. Interestingly, I've come in this morning and Safari has kept me logged in and all the posts were up-to-date.

I know that Steve and Ian at Sellerdeck report and confirm that totally clearing cache/cookies etc seems to rectify the problem for them (I believe in Chrome), but as I stated that's impractical for most users.
          Ops Manager, Sellerdeck

Comment

Originally posted by MattSMR View Post
            Happy 8,000th post!
            That many. Eeek!

I know that Steve and Ian at Sellerdeck report and confirm that totally clearing cache/cookies etc seems to rectify the problem for them (I believe in Chrome)
            OK. I've now done this and the problem seems to have gone away. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Just an update - I've replicated the Community and will be performing a test upgrade to the latest software version this week.
              Ops Manager, Sellerdeck

Comment

Hi All,

The forum is currently suspended. We'll be back soon.

Justin
                Ops Manager, Sellerdeck

Comment

Eh?

Suspended for why?
                  Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

We've upgraded the Sellerdeck Community. Please let me know if you have any problems logging in/uploading/posting HERE.

Thanks,
                    Justin
                    Ops Manager, Sellerdeck

Comment

The things I've noticed since the upgrade are:

- Forum signatures have been disabled and I've had to go into my settings to turn mine on again.
                      - Similarly with Private Messaging.
                      - The 'Thanks' button and stats have disappeared but there is now a 'Like' button. Is that the same thing and are the old stats going to come back?
                      - The main page is looking a bit messy lower down with all the Knowledge base sections and subsections showing.

Comment

And the search is now the vBulletin one rather than google and for some reason it won't return any results for 'cgi-bin' or even 'cgi-bin permissions' but will for 'permissions'?

Something seems not quite right there.

Comment

Thanks - will investigate asap. vBulletin search was always there but less prominent.

For now, search the Community directly in Google using "site:https://community.sellerdeck.com search term here" - but I'll get the search added back.
                          Ops Manager, Sellerdeck

Comment

The things I've noticed since the upgrade are:

- Forum signatures have been disabled and I've had to go into my settings to turn mine on again.
                            - Similarly with Private Messaging.
                            - The 'Thanks' button and stats have disappeared but there is now a 'Like' button. Is that the same thing and are the old stats going to come back?
                            - The main page is looking a bit messy lower down with all the Knowledge base sections and subsections showing.
                            • Forum signatures now enabled by default. If you prefer life without them, turn off in your profile settings (click your *NAME* in the header > User Settings > Account > Conversation Detail Options > Show Signatures [UNTICK])
                            • Private Messaging (known here as Visitor Messaging) now enabled by default. Similarly, please turn off if you prefer
                            • The 'Thanks' button was a hack and not part of the core software. Doesn't seem to be available now, but I'll see what I can do as time allows
                            • There will be design updates as time allows
                            Ops Manager, Sellerdeck

Comment

On the home page, there doesn't seem to be any indication in the leftmost column as to whether each forum contains new posts or not.
                              For those of us who provide a LOT of help over many forums it's going to make it a real hassle to see what's new or not.
                              UPDATE: It looks like every forum is being marked as "Has Unread posts" and this only goes away if you read all unread posts.
                              The previous version had a "Forum contains new posts since you last visited" icon.
                              Is the new version performing the same way or do you have to read every topic to get the forum to show as having been read.
                              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                              X