Checkout Page: not going to step 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout Page: not going to step 2

When moving our site to another server we can get the cart to fill, and the first page of the checkout process to load and you can enter in the details for the contact. Then when the "Next" button is selected, it goes back to the base page and does not allow for payment option to be provided. The order files are not created and no confirmation email is sent. It just stops.

Any ideas?

The website is http://www.nwbulb.com

I have checked the permissions on the pl files and they are 755. The site settings seem okay, the site uploads and updates without error.
    Last edited by nwbulb; 09-May-2006, 10:19 PM. Reason: Solved to problem

I tried and see the same as you're saying.
    You could try changing the script ID to a different number then doing a site purge and refresh - this may help.

Comment

How To?

Originally posted by drounding
      I tried and see the same as you're saying.
      You could try changing the script ID to a different number then doing a site purge and refresh - this may help.
      How would I go about this?

TIA

Comment

You can change the script ID in Advanced|Network Setup - Standard Tab - Common Settings - CGI Script ID Number. You can change it any other number.
        You can Purge & Refresh in Help|Troubleshooting - Website Purge and Refresh. This will then delete all files on your site and upload all again including images. Make sure you have downloaded all orders first. (Strictly speaking you should first disable ordering and wait 30 minutes but I, and I think others, take a chance that there's no one going to place an order during the refreshing process)

Comment

Tried that

Thanks for the information.

Okay, I did that, purged and uploaded the refresh. Tried again to place the order and same action.

Seems strange that it does not provide an error message of any sort, just a re-display of the page from which you came and a "Done" at the bottom of browser window.

Any other ideas on possible fixes.

TIA

Comment

What payment options do you have active in the View | Business Settings | Payment and security tab (see attached)
            Attached Files
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

We Have...

Originally posted by wjcampbe
              What payment options do you have active in the View | Business Settings | Payment and security tab
              We have only "Capture CC details for processing later" as we have always used. Previously, when we have used this, it would still allow for the capture of this information and include it in the order.

Comment

Looking at quicksearch, that seems to be calling script id #1 and working, other links are calling script id #2 and some of them are working... Have you changed script number recently? Yes, I see Duncan recommended a script number change.

Do you have SSL?
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
                  Do you have SSL?
                  No we are not using SSL on this site.

Thanks for your continued assistance.

Comment

Any other ideas?

Seems that the issue is still there.
                    I have done a complete removal of the site and refresh upload, but the problem still shows up.

No Errors, no messages, no .......

Comment

Got it to Work

Seems that the issue was with the latest version of the cart software.

We had made no changes to the site previuosly except to upgrade the PC to the latest version 7.0.5.1.0.0.FJBA and updatede the site on the web. Then we started to have issues with the checkout cart.

We, just now went back to a backup of the software using version 7.0.2.0.00.ECLA and did a refresh on the website and all is working as before.

As stated before no updates we made to the website before the upgrade or after the restore.

Just to share.

Comment

Working...
                      X