Advanced Network intermittent errors and General Script Error on Checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced Network intermittent errors and General Script Error on Checkout

I am currently experiencing issues the Version of Actinic we have deployed.

we are using Actinic Catalog V706 GBGA.

My hosting provider 1and1 suggest :-

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting us.

This is an update for the issue that you have encountered for your site. Please be informed as per checked, in order for the site to continue to work there is a need for you to check and update the Perl Script since it is outdated. The current version that would work on the server for the perl is Perl 5,Version 20 subversion 2 (v5.20.2).

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to reply to this e-mail or contact us at 0333 336 5691.

Best Regards,
    Technical Support
    1&1 Internet Ltd.

Can anyone advise If Actinic V7 should run on the version of Perl that is stated above?

I have also noticed that in the Advanced Netork Setup that I can run the test and it will work 100% and the email is sent to confirm working but on other occasions it fails at either FTP connection error or CGI-Bin write errors.

Has anyone any ideas on a way forward.

Thanks in advance.

1and1 have recently been updating their shared web servers recently for compatibility with the increased security requirements for PayPal amongst other things. They have also updated Perl to 5.20.2 as part of the upgrade,

Others have had checkout problems with the upgrade and some may also have
    had problems updating their website.

My own hosting on 1and1 was upgraded last night but my sites on V11 seem to be fine.

Your post isn't very clear on what problems you're experiencing. Did the problem start at the same time as the 1and1 update (you should have had an email) ?

What's your website?
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Update

The website is http://s409107849.websitehome.co.uk/ http://www.miniaturebulbs.co.uk/

I noticed the Advanced Network errors starting a couple of weeks ago (say mid September) but the ordering was fine. The errors are intermittent as I mentioned sometimes it passes all tests but most of the time it fails but in different parts of the test eg FTP connection or CGI- Bin write error, etc.

The Ordering appears to have had issues since 1st October. Having said that I have had 2 orders processed on 2nd October but most fail. The ordering fails when you click on next after selecting the payment method.

I only have 2 Paypal or Cheque with order and they both fail so it isn't the connection to paypal as the Cheque with order fails also.

the script it is running is http://s409107849.websitehome.co.uk/cgi-bin/os000001.pl

The ordering failure states :-

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
      Please contact the server administrator at to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
      More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
      Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I can get screen shots of the advanced network failures if this is helpful, let me know and thank you for trying to assist.

Regards

Darran

Comment

Working...
      X