504 Gateway Timeout Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

504 Gateway Timeout Error

I get the above error from the last stage on checkout.
    After customer places credit card info and click "Make Payment" the page hangs for about 5 mins before returning the above error.

Is it likely to be the 1and server?.
    I've run all the Network tests in Actinic and all passed OK.
    I deleted everything and refresh website to no avail.

I have contacted 1and1 and they are looking into it.

Host: 1and1

Did anyone else experience similar issues since Friday with 1and1?

Thanks.
    www.grafea.co.uk
    Vintage Leather briefcases

http://www.grafea.com
    Designer leather bags
    --------------------------
    Yanni Kioupouroglou

It could be that your psp isn't responding. Perhaps try checking with them also.

Comment

Not sure this site uses a psp. Looks like credit card capture to me
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

We've got a response from one and one, please see below.

We run a mirror site in the US grafea(dot)com with Hostgator which uses exactly the same scripts. So not sure why the UK site with 1and1has an issue. We did not change anything on the website. I have already deleted everything and refreshed the website to no avail.

Any more help?

Thank you for contacting us.

This is an update with regard to your call with us earlier. We have further checked with this and it seems that the error has something to do with the scripts of your site. We advice you to look for a perl script that will allow an external connections like in PHP enabling the allow_url open. There is a corresponding code or scripts that will allow external connections. Please be aware that we do not have the people nor the facilities to assist in scripting issues or web site design. Due to the vast array of languages that can be used on our web hosting platforms it would be impossible to support all of them and therefore do not support scripting issues. We do have numerous tutorials with various scripting tips or sample scripts as a gesture of good will as these are things we felt would help people get started in the right direction. Please do not construe either the scripting suggestion in the tutorials nor any suggestions on my part as an expected facet of 1and1 support.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

--
        Sincerely,
        Steveberry Yap
        Technical Support
        1&1 Internet Limited
        www.grafea.co.uk

Designer leather bags
        Yanni Kioupouroglou

Comment

Can I check if anyone else had similar issues with Actinic 9 and 1and1 this weekend?
          www.grafea.co.uk

Designer leather bags
          Yanni Kioupouroglou

Comment

Fix for checkout hang in v8.5.3 etc when ActEncryption1024 not installed

Hi,

It may be a bit late now for you but I've just experienced this problem using v8.5.3 on WAMPSERVER. This error can happen when a script takes too long to run e.g. if it goes into a continuous loop. After much debugging of the perl scripts I tracked it down to a problem with actinic encryption when perl module ActEncryption1024 isn't installed. There is a bug in ActinicSafer.pm in the sub routine called pad which causes the script to go into a continuous loop. This bug is fixed in version 11 and is documented in the release notes. You can fix it by copying the new version of ActinicSafer.pm over the v8.5.3 (or I guess sub v11 versions)

Replace
            Code:
            sub Pad
            		{
            		my  (@bIn) = @_;
            		my 	@bOut;
            		my 	$nIndex;

for ($nIndex = 0; ($nIndex < @bIn.length) && ($nIndex < 8); $nIndex++)
            			{
            			$bOut[$nIndex] = $bIn[$nIndex];				# Copy bytes
            			}
            		while ($nIndex < 8)
            			{
            			$bOut[$nIndex] = 0;							# Pad with zeroes
            			}
            		return(@bOut);
            		}
            with

Code:
            sub Pad
            		{
            		my  (@bIn) = @_;
            		my 	@bOut;
            		my 	$nIndex;

for ($nIndex = 0; ($nIndex < scalar(@bIn)) && ($nIndex < 8); $nIndex++)
            			{
            			$bOut[$nIndex] = $bIn[$nIndex];				# Copy bytes
            			}
            		while ($nIndex < 8)
            			{
            			$bOut[$nIndex++] = 0;							# Pad with zeroes
            			}
            		return(@bOut);
            		}
            Lance

www.brightkidz.co.uk

"High visibility clothing and accessories for children and adults"

Comment

Thanks - that fixed it for V10.04

Thank you for the update Lance, it fixes the same problem in V10.04.
              Paul.

Comment

where would I find the code location to allow t/apply this change? .. where/how please

Comment

Look in your Site folder (often called Site1) and edit file ActinicSafer.pm with a text editor (I use Notepad++). Make the changes as per post #6. Then Update your site.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman ...I'll give it a go

Comment

well no luck with that change...need to sort something as i've now lost 3 weeks trading..gulp !!

Have now resorted to teclan for help...thanks to all threads for info.

Comment

Just thought I'd add a thank-you to Lance for this solution!

It fixed our problem with the site hanging trying to contact WorldPay and PayPal with 100% CPU usage in os000001.pl which caused it to hang with 'Saving your order' and a 504 gateway timeout.

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=57444

Cheers! -Jc.
                        http://www.thegigrig.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X