Slow to start publishing. since upgrading to 16.0.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow to start publishing. since upgrading to 16.0.3

This afternoon I upgraded from 16.0.1 to 16.0.3. All went well apart from one issue. When I clicked 'Publish to Web' (or selected 'Refresh Website') it took up to 7 minutes to actually start publishing. Normally (in 16.0.1) it takes about 2 seconds. I have tried it quite a few times but each time takes as long as the last.

During the delay, I first see a message in the bottom right-hand corner which says 'Downloading Orders', so presumably it manages that task with no problems. However, the message then changes to "Cleanup online transaction file ...". The message stays like that for the full 7 minutes or so, after which the message disappears and SellerDeck finally starts to publish to the site in the usual way.

I did a search for "Cleanup online transaction file" in the forum but could only find one thread which was this one. However the message in question on that thread is actually "Failed to cleanup online transaction file" so I'm not sure that it's relevant. Could anybody help me with this please?

It sounds like there could be something on the server that's causing an issue. Possibly an old order file and it might be worth looking in your server to see if there are any old. ord or .occ files there.

It might be worth trying Troubleshooting > 'Purge and Refresh'

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike, thank you very much for your help. I looked for .ord and .occ files on the server but couldn't find any, although there were obviously a lot of files to look through (my site has over 11,000 files). I sorted them by 'Type' but couldn't see any files with the suffix .ord or .occ. What would the main part of the filename be - the bit that comes before the full stop on .ord and .occ files?

I then did a purge & refresh but unfortunately it has made no difference.

I don't think it's a performance issue with the server because once it eventually starts publishing (after the 7 minutes) it does it really quick and just as fast as when I publish using 16.0.1.

Comment

Would anybody have any advice for me relating to this issue, please? I've just spoken to SellerDeck support to ask if they still do the hourly rate support for those who don't have support contracts, but was told that they no longer do this.

He said that the only way forward would be to take out a new support contract and said I would of course receive v.18 when it is released early next year. However the features of v.18 have not yet been divulged, so I don't really want to buy a full year's support contract just for one issue and the 'unknown features' of v.18.

I've already told myself that I'm stopping at v.16 anyway - partly due to being sick of the software being riddled with bugs that never get fixed, and partly because I haven't really been dazzled by the last couple of versions. I've been using SellerDeck (Actinic) since 2002 and had a few support contracts along the way, but I'm reluctant to take out another support contract because I have had quite a few tickets where support has not been able to resolve issues.

Anyway - I've tried the 'Repair Database' feature and it didn't help. Is there anything that I can do in MS Access to try and resolve this? Or does anybody have any other ideas please?

Comment

I had a look at a copy of your site that was set up to upload to a local Apache server here at Drillpine.

I got the very long wait with the status showing "Cleanup online transaction file..." during the many minutes delay.

One thing that seems anomalous is the size of the .FIL files on the server. Screenshot attached. The largest ,FIL files I've ever seen (over hundreds of sites) is about 3Mb and yours are 7 times larger than that.

Other than these observations I've no other ideas why this is happening.
          Attached Files
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman, thank you very much for taking the time to look at this for me - I really do appreciate it.

I don't know whether Support still cast an eye over these forums these days but if they happen to do so and come across this thread, it would be good to hear their thoughts on this issue.

Comment

Working...
            X