Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500 Error on contact us send

Hi,

I have suddenly started getting a 500 Internal Server Error when clicking on "Send" in the contact us form http://www.splab.co.za/cgi-bin/mf000...CTION=SHOWFORM

I have not edited mailform.pl.
    I have deleted mf0...1.pl and refreshed but still get the error.
    Path to cgi is /public_html/cgi-bin/ and all other scripts run without error.

Acatalog and CGI-BIN permissions are set to 755.
    mf0...1.pl permissions are 755.
    mailform.html permission are 644.

Can someone please help solve or point me in the right direction?
    "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

I wonder if it's related to this error in your error log:

Program = MailForm, Program version = 27781 , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2, Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2013/04/23 13:10, Internal Errors = Error opening configuration file ../acatalog/taxsetup.fil. No such file or directory
    Program = MailForm, Program version = 27781 , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2, Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2013/04/23 13:15, Internal Errors = Error opening configuration file ../acatalog/taxsetup.fil. No such file or directory
    Program = MailForm, Program version = 27781 , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2, Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2013/04/23 13:19, Internal Errors = Error opening configuration file ../acatalog/taxsetup.fil. No such file or directory
    A full purge and refresh might fix it.

Mike

PS. Although why the mailform cares about the taxsetup file is a mystery in itself.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike,

That error started popping up after I deleted mf0..1.pl and then refreshed. A second refresh sorted it. Odd that taxsetup is associated with mailform though... Sellerdeck multiverse association perhaps?

Will try a full purge and refresh....

Comment

Purge
        Compact
        Refresh

Still getting the 500 error. Should I delete the acatalog folder and upload again?

Comment

I'm not sure what the fix for this is.

Might be best to contact your hosts and get them to see what the error is in their logs.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Is your email address used in Sellerdeck on the same domain or elsewhere?
            I see your hosting is with Actinic - I suggest as Mike says you give them a call to help sort out the problem.

Comment

I misunderstood Mike regarding the full purge. 4 hours, several uploads and several more refreshes later and a corrupt script error messege pops up pointing me to the full purge under help - troubleshooting. After running this, the site is back to normal.

Time for a beer. Cheers Mike and Duncan.

Comment

Working...
              X