Problem transferring Actinic 9 software to new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem transferring Actinic 9 software to new computer

Just bought a shiny new HP Computer tried to install Actinic Business 9.0 across from old computer. Had the software disc it loaded but it asked for licence key.
    Now I was told it was on old software system listed under housekeeping and then security I found it copied it down and tried loads of times but it kept telling me it was invalid

can you help

yours

exasperated Sue

it could be a mistake in reading the key. Try copying it to a text file, transfer across to the new pc and then copy it into actinic.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

And license keys only work on the same major version of Actinic (e.g. V8, V9, V10 need different keys). So make sure you're using the same major version on both machines.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

that's finally eureko moment i have actinic version 9 and am trying to authorize old version 8 software

what do i need to do now ....

Comment

You'll need to make sure you're authorising the same version as the key you have.

Versions can be downloaded from here: http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/index.ph...tegory/archive

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Download Actinic V9 either from SellerDeck site or from our archive here
            Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
            Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
            SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

thanks

do I import it whilst in actinic ??

Comment

Hi Susan,

Simply download the latest version (9.0.5) and once the file has downloaded to your computer double-click it to install.
                It will go through the standard installation wizard.
                If you have your key handy at this point it should ask you to either enter the key or undertake a free 30-day trial. Enter your V9 key and you are away. It won't effect your V8 install (which I assume you'll be removing anyway?)
                Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

thank you this has done the trick. It otld me to refresh the site on the new computer a task which is taking quite a while.

All I need toi do now is to work out how best to get more hits and more orders

Comment

I've moved this thread to the v9/v8 forums from the Actinic Online forum.

Comment

Working...
                    X