No announcement yet.

Upgrading to v8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First problem - Normans Multi Info add-on does not work with V8 Hope there is a solution to that one!

Comment

Basically a clean fresh start
      i'm assuming if you change themes within V8 you will get the fresh start

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
        i'm assuming if you change themes within V8 you will get the fresh start
        You'd think so in the interest of making like easy for Actinic in making the upgrade path as issue-free as possible. Changing themes generally zero's a lot of the settings but some could still remain.

@George - if very concerned about being legacy free with the upgrade the solution could be to create a default site and then import the products across.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Where did the NETQUOTE thingy's go? lol

Seriously, a lot of users will have the next/previous links added.

And the original brochure pages remain, even when changing theme after import.

First import of a snapshot? 102 errors.

V7 for an easy July.
          Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by george
            First import of a snapshot? 102 errors.
            102??? Blimey matey what have you been doing to poor old v7???

Bikster

Comment

Rather than just gazing admirably at the noo squeaky clean themes I thought I'd add a touch of realtime drama by importing a recent fh site snapshot.

Wish I hadn't now.

v7 seemed to be working okay, lol.

Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

There are so many things that v8 says it will do that I have been planning to mangle into v7 that I think I may just start from scratch and bin all the development I was planning for the next few months.
                Blank DVD
                Cloth Nappies

Comment

I may just start from scratch
                  that is what I am going to do (after V8 has been well and truly released for a short while), I like the new themes and think that you can do most things that you might want to do with the new design so will ditch my old design and start again. I never really got on with the old templates so this is really good for me.

Having said that, my sites upgrade perfectly, so I have the choice.

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

my 5 to 8 has given me 132 coding errors, all down to nested html form tags. I just wish I understood the error message actinic threw at me so I can start to resolve it. Sent email to beta ...

Comment

I am having serious problems with the css - it looks like when the site is upgraded serveral css files are created which define conficting properties.

My upgraded site now uses absolute sizing and the viewer cannot resize the text - this is important to visitors with visual disabilities.

I cannot see how to easily change the text properties - editing the css file in DW is a big job with all the extra bits in there.

Comment

I registered a design with Actinic and all seemed ok but there does not seem to be a way of passing the template back and forth between DW and Actinic as can be done with V7.

Also now getting fatal errors and DW crashing big style

Will try again in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                          there does not seem to be a way of passing the template back and forth between DW and Actinic as can be done with V7
                          Have registered this previously - apparently Actinic are working on this ... especially the actinic.css being made available.

This is my biggest (albeit small) gripe - the templates are all kept in-house by Actinic and not in the site1 folder

Bikster

Comment

NIGHTMARE - V8 has overwritten all my V7 css files and now after refreshing the site from V7 they have not been put back and I am stuck with the huge V8 css files that are confilcting.

Looks like Im not going to bed

Comment

yes I noticed the inability to edit css on the fly as you can edit bits of inner layouts

I have a different issue, my hierarcical exported file will not reimport.

I changed the content of a few columns so I could auto generate pop ups (v5 didn't have them) but i get the dreaded "cann ot import, expected 71 got 73 message" at least i know I can find a reply to that in the forum JOY!

Comment

Fixed it by deleting the css file from the server and refreshing V7, but on trying to upload V8 again Im getting an error saying the css link is corrupt. Also an error saying every image is duplicated and V8 will not load at all

Hope they dont bin V7 too soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X