Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no luck!

Originally posted by fatoftheland
    The problem is when in the design tab it is blank and clicking any menu causes actinic to crash... This is why clicking the window menu is not an option. However the reg fix which nadeem posted does seem to work, at least for some people.

Easiest thing to do:

Import your snapshot, do the reg fix nadeem posted, then export a snapshot for future use. Even if your design tab does not work right from install then close actinic, reopen actinic, stay in the content tab and do a snapshot of the default store. Then follow instructions instructions above.
    Thanks for all the help provided, unfortunately no luck.

As fatoftheland mentioned, when I click on the window menu Actinic crashes. I have attempted both the registry suggestions within this thread and neither have worked.

I am really unsure of what to do. Any other suggestions will be much appreciated.

Comment

Hi Carly

Have a look at the following thread please, and see if this applies to you: http://community.actinic.com/showpos...5&postcount=30

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi cepcci

The only other thing which might help you out which I have done to get actinic running is a complete reinstall and updated windows.

I first checked for any windows updates and downloaded these - whether this had any effect I've no idea.

I then uninstalled actinic and deleted the actinic folder in program files after the uninstall and then reinstalled. Then opened actinic, exported the snapshot of the default store, then switched to the design tab, actinic crashed, I then did the reg fixes and actinic ran fine.

Have you tried the steps in this order?

Comment

Hi. I have tried to do everything this post says from top to bottom but i still have a bland design tab... Please help....

Comment

We need more information eg version number, url

Comment

The version number is 8.0.2. Not sure what other info you need. Thanks

Comment

Peter,

We are currently on v8.5.2, I would suggest upgrading to the latest version as it will do away with the issue and the product has come a long way since v8.0.2.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Hi, I'm trying to understand my catalog better, but I am still a complete actinic nube. Sorry.

Everytime I click the content page actinic goes white & then crashes. Are the solutions above the ones I need to follow? I have been taking snapshots and moving the file from PC to PC (does this help?).

Thanks for a reply if anyone finds my obscure note. How do you post a new thread? Apologies for being rubbish.

Comment

Hi Philip,

Welcome to the community. To post a new thread select the forum in which you want to post, v8 - General, for example and at the top on the left hand side you will find a button that says 'New Thread', click on this and you should be on your way.

I would suggest starting a new thread and supplying some additional information like the version of Actinic you use as well as version of the browser you use and any thing you have tried so far to resolve the issue.

Kind regards,
                    Bruce King, Mole End Software Support
                    Integrated label paper for Actinic A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels.
                    One Stop Automation Automate Actinic. Mole End Automation works while you play.
                    Mole End Product Mash for Actinic A suite of marketing feeds for your Actinic Store

Actinic Upgrade and Design Service

Comment

no sign of design tab

Hi
                      I have read the thread with regard to restoring the design tab, tried exporting a snapshot, reinstalling but still I have no design tab! I am also new to actinic so I didn't realize it even had a design tab until I realized I could not change any buttons/colours etc. I am working from a semi-complete site (on behalf of someone else) and need to change some details. I did the regedit thing but the strings were empty anyway.......please advise if possible
                      I can also not install the dreamweaver plugin despite having Macromedia version 8 installed and the plugin manager asking for a version higher than version 6..????? Guess that's another story altogether.......

thanks in advance for any wisdom

Comment

Which version are you using? Cos if it's the client version, there isn't a design tab.
                        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Also look in Business Settings | Options - Access On This PC - Design changes

Comment

no design tab, so how do things change?

I have a client catalog, so maybe no design tab then So therefore how do I actually change any aspects of the page, i.e. add/remove buttons add images to the page header etc.

Tom

Comment

You can't with what you have, you'll need to buy the 'designer' version of the software or send the guy back to the first guy he used, or indeed someone who already has designer.

Comment

Hi
                                But surely I can adjust/remove some buttons etc, I have dreamweaver and basic knowlege.?

Comment

Working...
                                X