No announcement yet.

Design tab not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, design changes are not possible in Catalog Client. This is a cheaper version of the software - the design aspects are intended to be managed by the developer with the Designer version of the software. As Lee says he'll/you'll have to either ask the original person who designed the site or someone else with Designer or Business Plus to make the changes for you.

Comment

If you call Actinic sales they will be able to upgrade you to the full version of Catalog. It would be £299 + VAT, you will also get the latest version (v10) and 30 days free telephone support.

Chris

Comment

well thats a bit of a bugger then we have spent 6 months trying to get the designer to let us have the orininal site files (which were paid for by the Client) and its been a whole lot of hassle up till now. The designer will not help us anymore with this so that means we have to upgrade to the 'designer package' yes ? Nothing can be altered in Dreamweaver at all? We are not going to use the online payments as they were never used by the public before (people rang up and paid over the phone) So all we really want to do is get rid of the shopping cart/checkout parts of the site.
        I hope there is another way to avoid paying an for an upgrade to 'designer'
        Incidentally do any of you know what such an upgrade would be if it is the only route for us ?
        Thank you all for your invaluable help

Comment

No matter how many times you ask Tom, dreamweaver will still not be an option, not even for an incy wincy tiny change. Your best bet is to do as Chris has mentioned, upgrade to catalog.

Comment

The upgrade would not be to Designer (that's used by designers to develop sites). Give Actinic salkes a call and tell them you have Catalog Client and want to upgrade to the full version of Catalog.

Comment

Thanks guys,

I have emails actinic to see about pricing an upgrade for me.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by moeb View Post
                I have emails actinic to see about pricing an upgrade for me.
                See Chris' post above: http://community.actinic.com/showpos...0&postcount=77

He's, er, like Mr Actinic aka the boss.
                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Just to clarify, the actual design is already held in Catalog Client. So once you get the upgrade key you will have access to the design, no need to get it from the web designer.

Chris

Comment

becoming clearer with every reply.....

All this has been a bit of a steep learning curve for me (thats nothing I hear you saying!) so now I think I get it. The designer had a version with the designer tab in it, my colleague paid for a 'client' catalog just to be able to update items/prices/discriptions etc so therefore held my colleague at a 'ransom' with regard any other design changes etc so now if we upgrade to full version (I've yet to tell my colleague the price...) we will have total control, oh, and phone support !!!
                    I get it now dont I

by the way, do you have any idea what Client Catalog would have been for version 8 in 2008 ? I suspect we were fleeced with that too.
                    Now all that remains is to get the last 'snapshot' the designer took of our site and we're away, otherwise Im working with a site version (dated about 2 years ago) recovered from a broken laptop What are the odd's that he'll email it to us ????

mucho grasias

Comment

Originally posted by moeb View Post
                      ...Now all that remains is to get the last 'snapshot' the designer took of our site and we're away, otherwise Im working with a site version (dated about 2 years ago) recovered from a broken laptop...s
                      When you purchase the full version of Catalog you will be given a new key which will unlock the ability in your current software to do the design- you won't need to go back to an old snapshot.

Comment

the only reason to get the most uptodate snapshot is that the old (dead) laptop (which I have) had a snapshot that was quite old, the designer would have had the most recent snapshot hence the need for it. It doesnt really matter as soon we will have full access and be able to put things right and forget the last 6 months of pleading to the (non existant) good nature of a rotten web designer for information that had been paid for by us in the 1st place.....I guess its a common story.... Looking forward......

Comment

When you purchase the full version of Catalog you will be given a new key which will unlock the ability in your current software to do the design- you won't need to go back to an old snapshot.
                          It might take a bit more than that. This is V8 and I assume they'll buy/upgrade to V10 catalog.

It might be best to ask Actinic to help you with the upgrade.

Mike
                          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike
                            We have purchased the upgrade which meand we will have version 10, with design and free phone support

Comment

Stick with people on here Tom, we're (mostly) nice
                              Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
                              X