Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Base (FROOGLE) Changes, why they wont accept automatically actinic bulk sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting (I've been saying that a lot today!!)

So THIS PAGE is actually a product page and THIS ONE is an extended info page?

I'm just trying to get my head around the single product pages thing.. looks good, btw
    Tracey

Comment

That is correct.

It is also easy to modify pages so that they are different.

If you look at the difference between http://www.quality-silver.co.uk/acat...ings-2081.html and this one http://www.quality-silver.co.uk/acat...elet-7T05.html

Each page has been modified to better suit the product with packaging etc.

Still working on the site though so some things may not work fully.
      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby
        I use the extended info pages and have set them to be the same as the main page.
        How would i go about doing that?

Cheers

Jon

Comment

This may sound complicated but is quite easy.

Edit your main products page in dreamweaver and save it as page 1.

Edit a chosen extended info page in dreamweaver and save as page 2.

Remove all the centre tables from page 1 leaving any items that you can see on the sides, top or bottom. And save.

Copy the table and all information from page 2 and past this into the centre of page 1. and save.

In Actinic create a new extended info page and edit in dreamweaver. go to code view and remove everything.

Open page 1 in dreamweaver, go to code view and copy everything and paste the code into your new extended info page. Now submit to actinic.

Choose one product to test with and choose "open in same window" and select your new extended info page as your extended info design.

Once the new layout is working you can then create new layouts based upon this one and edit according to the product. ie one template for silver rings, one for silver bangles etc all with their own unique information.

Once you have got this working contact me and I will tell you how to add unique (ish) keywords, descriptions and page titles to the extended info pages so they are better for SEO purposes.
          Regards

Jason

Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

mod_rewrite

I'm toying with the idea of generating a feed of unique urls just for googlebase, then using mod_rewrite to direct to the product page and anchor:

eg for a product code xyz, give googlebase:

http://www.site.com/acatalog/existing_url/xyz.html

and rewrite to http://www.site.com/acatalog/existing_url.html#axyz

Any Googlebase experts know if Googlebase will let this pass? (i.e. if the feed is human inspected, will they twig that these are not the 'real urls')

I have no desire to move 1,200 products to one product per page. I know the SEO benefits and I've done it on my top lines but I will decide when I have time to do it, not when Google arbitrarily decree it
            Chris
            -----
            http://www.livingaidsonline.co.uk

Comment

Any Googlebase experts know if Googlebase will let this pass? (i.e. if the feed is human inspected, will they twig that these are not the 'real urls')
              It's unlikely to work, it used to but now they are rejecting some feeds, you should try it (Use the trial on my Google base Product Mash to test it - it can generate feeds in that format) if they accept it, go for it with the redirects.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                Use the trial on my Google base Product Mash to test it - it can generate feeds in that format
                Should have realised you'd have thought of this Jan!

I'll give your trial a go (currently using your v7 product mash) - nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Regards,
                Chris
                -----
                http://www.livingaidsonline.co.uk

Comment

currently using your v7 product mash
                  The product mash is the program I meant actually, so no need to trial.

You can choose to either link to product or link product page, it's one of the options on the main page, if you choose link to product, you will get a unique URL for each product which is basically the normal URL with a bookmark at the end.

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan, is it possible to link it to the extended information page?

Kind regards

Jason
                    Regards

Jason

Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby
                      Jan, is it possible to link it to the extended information page?
                      Yes, you can choose 1 of the three options below :

1) Link to the product
                      2) Link to the product page (you can also specify the bookmark character here)
                      3) Link to the extended information page

and for any of those you can choose to append a parameter to the end of the lin (your account code for example - required for some of the other feeds).

Regards,

Comment

I've managed to create full extended info pages using Actinic but the title tag is empty, is there any way to add a title for SEO purposes?

Cheers,

Jon

Comment

Jon,

If you could e-mail me the first 30 lines of code from your template I will have a look. It may be quicker for me to alter than to explain.

Kind regards

Jason

sales AT qualitysilver DOT co DOT uk
                          Regards

Jason

Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

sorted

Ok guys ive just run the first test of the utility and voila it worked, ill post details of it when its ready for full release.

In the mean time Jan does the product mash have any option to sort this out

1. Irrelevant product type: We noticed that some of the product_type values you included are not relevant to your items. For example, your item titled "Tunze Universal clamp V4A 0102.400 " should include a more relevant product_type value, such as "Pet Supplies."
                            Can you make something in the msh tools to be able to set this?
                            www.onlineaquariumstore.com
                            www.onlinevivariumstore.com
                            www.onlinepondstore.com

Comment

I'm using the ME mash and then manually changing it to get brand, product type correct, I think Google is going to force product types on us soon so the only solution will be to add variables (which the MEMash already supports) but i'm biding my time waiting for the full picture to emerge before trying to set and apply an auto system

Comment

which variable do i select to make it pet supplies?
                                www.onlineaquariumstore.com
                                www.onlinevivariumstore.com
                                www.onlinepondstore.com

Comment

Working...
                                X