Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Base (FROOGLE) Changes, why they wont accept automatically actinic bulk sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the mean time Jan does the product mash have any option to sort this out
    If you mean can you set a product type using the Mole End Product Mash for Google Base, then yes, you have been able to do this for a while now. You need to define a variable for product type and then set it up for products or sections as is appropriate for you site, these articles in our knowledge base should help you :

http://moleend.helpserve.com/index.p...kbarticleid=41

http://moleend.helpserve.com/index.p...kbarticleid=67

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

which variable do i select to make it pet supplies?
      I anticipate having to create 2 variables within actinic one fro brand and one for product type, then you add your data for the Mash to pick up.

Most of my client sites do not hold this data in separate fields, hence using section data is no longer a viable option. Having said that i'm going for a copy/paste routine for a short while until it becomes clear how much google to going to dictate what we can put into product type, I only plan to do the job once of adding and populating variables within actinic.

Comment

has anybody had their froogle upload accepted in the last few days?

if yes, what did you submit? did you use extended info page as the product pages?

also are you using v8 with the buy button on the ext info page?

Comment

Originally posted by pnagames
          has anybody had their froogle upload accepted in the last few days?
          Yes, at the start of last week

what did you submit?
          Mole End's product mash (Froogle feed, uploading to Google Base) linking direct to products using #

did you use extended info page as the product pages?
          Nope
          Tracey

Comment

Ive got two Actinic sites one that google accepts multiple items per page, and on the other feed they won't. Both are V7 business - The first client account I have setup in google base must be about two years old, the other about two months (which is the one that they won't except).
            Web design Bradford

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
              Mole End's product mash (Froogle feed, uploading to Google Base) linking direct to products using #
              what do you mean using #?

Comment

what do you mean using #?
                See attached.
                There's a setting in the mash to link to products rather than pages.
                I suppose if it actually got manually checked, they'd probably still dismiss it as having multiple product pages but the Froogle listing does link direct to the product itself so, IMO, it shouldn't be rejected for this reason.

I did get a feed rejected for "multiple products per page" when I was using the "link to product page" option but it has been accepted since then using the current "link to product using #" option

No doubt they'll complain about it eventually
                Attached Files
                Tracey

Comment

thanks Tracey

Comment

I've just been playing with this by editing the actinic generated feed using concatenate in excel to create the #? product code at the end of the url. Got it to come up with indivdual URL's so I'll see if its accepted.
                    Blank DVD
                    Cloth Nappies

Comment

Yep, worked a treat.
                      Blank DVD
                      Cloth Nappies

Comment

Don't forget to feedback in a couple of days, as googlebase will often accept a feed and then reject specific lines hours/days later

Comment

Yep, will do.
                          Blank DVD
                          Cloth Nappies

Comment

Finally uploaded froogle.txt

After a month of scratching my head with the same problems as eveyone else with multiple items on a page and 6500 products. I have a work around of sorts.

I have edited froogle text by simply deleting all duplicate pages from the file. I know it is savage but I now have my main products in Google BAse.
                            It will just have to do until something else comes up.

It took me 2 hours and if you do it make sure there are no gaps between lines

Comment

Does that mean you have deleted a whole lot of products from your feed then and just left one from each page?

Comment

Yes, I did say it was savage but its better than nothing, and of course when the page is viewed the other products are there.

Comment

Working...
                                X