Actinic Checkout - Speedup Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Checkout - Speedup Process

As a user of Actinic since V5.0 one thing that has remained constant in an ever improving world is the checkout process. As I use Secure Hosting as my PSP my customer has to click ‘NEXT’ five times before I can take their money off them.
    If you look at optimising your website for your customers (rather than Google), one of the key issues is to make your checkout easy for your customer to use. An easy checkout is a good checkout and if you can get it down to 1 page it is perfect!. Key issues at this point are:
    1. Eliminate unnecessary steps and only ask for information that is completely necessary in completing the transaction.
    2. Let the visitor know that you value their privacy and you have a secure site.
    3. Don’t keep the visitor in the dark about anything – clearly let them know about shipping costs, returns and tax
    4. Remind them what they are buying!
    We spent the best part of two weeks developing this code which reduces the Actinic (V8) checkout process from 5 to 2 pages. With the information gathered from our Google Analytics we have seen an increase in order conversions of 24% and a significant reduction in trolley abondonment. Developing this code has cost us money in terms of time spent, but it will give us a return quite quickly.

If you think you might be interested in trying this click here - Actinic Plugins

We have been running this script on our site for about 4 weeks, if you want to try it out order your Printer ink here
    John Sollars
    MD at Stinkyink.Com
    Ph 01746 781020
    Fx 01746 781698
    Em John (at) Stinkyink dot Com

if there was some sort of medal to give for this sniznit, i'd give it.

Comment

A link is all I ask kind sir!
      John Sollars
      MD at Stinkyink.Com
      Ph 01746 781020
      Fx 01746 781698

Comment

John

is it possible to modify it so the customer can select PSP (for us that have more than one PSP)?

Comment

Hi,

If you have multiple PSP's the script will stop on the PSP selection page and wait for the customer to make a selection. We do have accounts with Protx,HSBC and Secure Hosting, but only use any of the others if there are problems with Secure Hosting - it's a fallback. I certainly wouldn't allow my customers to select an option.

Please test before going live because we haven't, this has been designed with the KISS priciple in mind
          John Sollars
          MD at Stinkyink.Com
          Ph 01746 781020
          Fx 01746 781698

Comment

ok

just to clarify

it will stop on that page, when selection is made it will squash the rest of the pages (to the two pages) then happily proceed to the psp at the end???

if it is so, we will try to test it this weekend and see whether it works

Comment

Yes, and the transition will be a lot more seamless if the page content is wrapped in a <div>.

Just place a <div> after the opening <body> tag and a </div> before the closing </body> tag.
              John Sollars
              MD at Stinkyink.Com
              Ph 01746 781020
              Fx 01746 781698

Comment

we have a v7 so we will try it over the weekend on our test site and let you all know the outcome

thanks John for working this one out

Comment

Originally posted by john@stinkyink.
                  If you think you might be interested in trying this click here - Actinic Plugins
                  Did I miss something? It just seems to link to a page on your site which is just repeating the text above...?
                  John

Comment

John Click the blue title and you will get the rest of the details

Comment

You can also click on Actinic Checkout Speed Up Plugin / Addon
                      Rob Williams
                      Ink Cartridges
                      Stinky Ink - Blog

Comment

Originally posted by pnagames
                        John Click the blue title and you will get the rest of the details
                        oh yeah, looked like a cookie trail so I completely ignored it... it's been one of those days...
                        John

Comment

Many thanks, John, for posting this code.

Now, I know that if I don't know the answer I shouln't attempt to try, but.....

Which page to I put the javascript in? Is it checkout page 0?

Waggers

Comment

It has to be placed in the main layout template so it loads on every page.

Please see the attached image.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	location.gif
Views:	1
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	542384
                            Rob Williams
                            Ink Cartridges
                            Stinky Ink - Blog

Comment

Many thanks Rob

Comment