• Show
Clear All

Ooh, Yellow card for that one Hackett!
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

V8 took many chunks Dave from many people, luckily some of us could muster up some plastic surgery off the NHS and keep going. It was V9 that killed me lol.

Comment

I've seen a HUGE improvement too. From over 90 mins to around 20-25 (depending on connection)
        Not as big an improvement as David but still VERY notable
        Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          He has been for 18 months or so I think.
          ooooooooooh...ouch
          V8 did claim a lot of victims though...some are rising 'from the ashes' lately, mind you
          Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
            I've seen a HUGE improvement too. From over 90 mins to around 20-25 (depending on connection)
            Not as big an improvement as David but still VERY notable

Definately noticed to, reduced a ermm 40 min or 80 min refresh to about 8mins, i cant remember how long it was before. Really could not say i used to time it, i did other things rather than watch it count files

Comment

Could I suggest that the beta versions upload into their own disk space outside of the v9 version people are using, so that they can test the beta without interfearing with the online sites they are already using.

this would involve some mods to the placement of the site folder but should not be to hard or complicated to achieve

Also all features should be available to the beta tester i.e. multi user and maybe upload site to a testing position again without upsetting the online shops presently running
              Chris Ashdown

Comment

Are we ever going to see V9.0,3 this is the longest release in history

Just tell us what the hell is happening
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

Could I suggest that the beta versions upload into their own disk space outside of the v9 version people are using, so that they can test the beta without interfearing with the online sites they are already using.
                  Yes this is an issue, i've not tested the beta of 9.0.3 as i only have access to one windows pc at the mo (the other is linux and runs everything else i need except for actinic) thus since i am developing a site for a client i can't install 9.0.3 too. And no i can't be bothered to go multi boot or wine - there is a limit as to how much i want to install/support/maintain.

I can't be the only one like this, i'd wager that the majority of actinic users who only run their shop (ie not developers) only have access to one machine. Hence a whole pool of potential testers eliminated.

Comment

Microsoft Virtual PC is a free download which you can use for testing sites and upgrades quite easily.

All you need is an OS disk.
                    www.homeautomation-direct.com

Energy Monitors and X-10 automation hardware

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post

I can't be the only one like this, i'd wager that the majority of actinic users who only run their shop (ie not developers) only have access to one machine. Hence a whole pool of potential testers eliminated.

to be honest, this is why I (and I concede I'm not that important in the grand scheme of things) make a concerted effort to beta test because I DO have 2 shops, with sometimes unusual setups and requirements, and am lucky enough to be in a position to beta test V9 as best I can only because our stores are still on V8!

It is incredibly difficult, as time goes on a V9 becomes more established, for anyone except developers (or lucky multi-computer types, of which I am not one) to beta test as installing a 'same version' beta afffects the live installation (virtual pc-ing aside. Not many people want to bother for the sake of doing what is seen as someone else's work!)

I'm only a small example but, as and when V9 produces a stable, clean release (please God, let it be 9.0.3!) I'll upgrade (possibly, maybe LOL) and that will take me out of the beta testing pool too..

It's a tough one, tbh.
                      Just my 2p worth anyway (it's been a long evening LOL...I'm not even sure if my post made any points!)
                      Tracey

Comment

v9.0.3 is a pretty big release, because of the major changes in the area of performance, as well as bug fixes.

Around 70 people have downloaded the beta and we have had a lot of good feedback. Some important issues have been reported, which we are in the process of fixing.

v9.0.3 remains our highest priority. It can't be released until these issues have been fixed and tested. I can assure you that no-one wants that to be done faster than we do.

Chris

Comment

Chris when people are waiting and hoping to hear something, there is only one thing they want to hear, an approximate date, that is all that counts and will quash almost all chat on the subject. Ever sat in at home waiting for Tesco to deliver your shopping or waited for the gas man to come repair your boiler or DFS to deliver your sofa? it's exactly that feeling we all have as your users.

You will not be kept to it, but please give us an idea.

Comment

I appreciate that there are a lot of people out there waiting for this release, a fair few have made their point in this very thread.

But those very same people will be the first to critisise this release should it not meet expectations.

I am one of those people that have taken part in the Beta and quite frankly, surprised that there's only 69 others taking part. It seems to be high on the critics agenda, so I hope that they are putting the beta test through it's paces and not relying on other peoples efforts.

I have to say that the response time for any comments I have made to the V903 team have been very quick and both of the member I have been talking to are keen to get as much info of me as possible in order to straighten things out.

I'm really looking forward to this release, but do not want to see it picked apart because it was released to soon...

Army Gore-tex
                            Winter Climbing Mitts
                            webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                            Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
                              I have to say that the response time for any comments I have made to the V903 team have been very quick and both of the member I have been talking to are keen to get as much info of me as possible in order to straighten things out.

I'm really looking forward to this release, but do not want to see it picked apart because it was released to soon...
                              I agree

although, can I just say that, while responses to queries/problems have usually been VERY good, I did report one on Wednesday morning (and a fairly important one, IMO) which has not yet been replied to.
                              Just FTR
                              Tracey

Comment

Due to comments on multi-user are doing a lot more testing on that. We are also fixing problems found in the beta. As a result, we currently hope to release v9.0.3 by or earlier than 7 November. The usual caveats apply.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X