No announcement yet.

Reinstall Actinic 9 only have v 8 disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should not have to configure settings. You made a backup so go to where you saved your backup and right click on just the Site1 folder and select Copy. Then go to the Documents location for Actinic 9 > Sites > you should have the newly installed Site1 folder there and that should only contain the demo store files and images. In the "Sites" folder right click "Paste" and opt to replace files and it should paste your "Site1" folder over the top of the default.
    Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
      You should not have to configure settings. You made a backup so go to where you saved your backup and right click on just the Site1 folder and select Copy. Then go to the Documents location for Actinic 9 > Sites > you should have the newly installed Site1 folder there and that should only contain the demo store files and images. In the "Sites" folder right click "Paste" and opt to replace files and it should paste your "Site1" folder over the top of the default.
      I've done that but when i opened actinic the example set up is still there and i don't sell jeamjs or books ???

Comment

*votes Louise the kindest, most helpful and most measured person in the whole world*
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
          *votes Louise the kindest, most helpful and most measured person in the whole world*
          definatley they have been marvellious a real saint very very helpful !!!!!

Comment

I found a folder back up for may20 it is an acd file if can't find any better I will have to use this but does this mean my website will go back to this when I refresh it ??

Comment

The .acd is a snapshot format. If you went back to that you would lose 3 months of changes and records of orders.

But first as an idea: Go to your "Site1" backup. Check the file size of the ActinicCatalog.mdb file, what is it?. That would give a good indication of whether it is a larger file and likely to contain your site data, or if it is only a smaller file then it may only contain the demo store data (jeans and books). I looked at a V9 default site the database is 7MB.
              Peblaco

Comment

The .acd is a snapshot format. If you went back to that you would lose 3 months of changes and records of orders.

But first as an idea: Go to your "Site1" backup. Check the file size of the ActinicCatalog.mdb file, what is it?. That would give a good indication of whether it is a larger file and likely to contain your site data, or if it is only a smaller file then it may only contain the demo store data (jeans and books). I looked at a V9 default site the database is 7MB.
                You'll never guess I tried it once more (as theres not a lot else I can do) except import a mangy old snapshot I onticed this time it said paste over or something. I tried the actinic and it was not a very happy bunny evntualy it closed itself

I restarted computer and then actinic and BANG everythings there onw and I managed ot download a ne worder. Every was asit was pre refresh.

The moral of the tale is never fiddle with windows 8 refresh buttons after a BBQ !!!!!

Comment

Excellent. Got there in the end!. Please take heed: Make a File menu > Snapshot > Export backup at the end of each day, store it on a USB or external disk and to be doubly safe keep backup copies stored regularly in a different building from the main computer!.
                  Peblaco

Comment

Excellent. Got there in the end!. Please take heed: Make a File menu > Snapshot > Export backup at the end of each day, store it on a USB or external disk and to be doubly safe keep backup copies stored regularly in a different building from the main computer!.
                    I know I know it was the first thing I did after I downloaded the order
                    maybe I should write it down 100 times must do back up must do back up !! lol
                    now off on hols now

Comment

Well done Louise!

Comment

I've been following the thread avidly.....

Patience of a saint, Louise!
                        Paul
                        Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Working...
                        X