No announcement yet.

Seperate Delivery Address Issue If Checkout Page 0 Is Skipped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking back at the issue I think the problem for anything other than simple shipping is that:

1. Normally actinic presents the shipping options on Checkout page 1 based on the customers address. This makes sense as most customers will only see the one address page.

2. The shipping charge (and whether it's taxable) typically depends on the shipping location. If that's defined on Checkout page 2 (because there's a different delivery address) then you can't offer the customer the shipping options on Checkout page 1 because you don't know yet which ones are going to be valid.

With simple shipping this complication doesn't arise so it's not an issue.

Mike

PS. This shouldn't be a problem here as you only ship to the UK but Actinic are clearly playing safe. You might be able to work out how they set up shipping in simple mode and replicate it, but it might not be easy.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Chaps

What you're saying seems to make sense. I don't think we're going to get it working we'd want it to because of the way the values are passed around the various pages of the checkout. Bummer but there you go.

Lee - liked that idea, client didn't. Cheers for the thought though.

What we've plumped for doing is forcing a separate delivery address (it's a gift site so this should be the majority of cases) and removing the prompt altogether. This proves interesting as there's no page 0 to set the state of SEPARATE SHIP to "Yes"....

So......

I removed the prompt by unchecking it in Design/Text. I then took a punt and where the "Remove Page 0" KB article says to add in the lines;

$::g_nCurrentSequenceNumber = 0; $::g_LocationInfo{DELIVERY_REGION_CODE}="UndefinedRegion";
      $::g_LocationInfo{DELIVERY_COUNTRY_CODE}="UK";
      $::g_LocationInfo{INVOICE_COUNTRY_CODE}="UK";
      $::g_LocationInfo{INVOICE_REGION_CODE}="UndefinedRegion";

I also added in the line;

$::g_LocationInfo{SEPARATESHIP}="Yes";

...and crossed my fingers.

Bingo! Seems to work a treat. Not ideal, but will work for now.

Now to work out how to carry over the invoice details so customers can press a button or tick a box to have them the same on the delivery page (a nice to have) and we're there!

Thanks to all who've looked at and contributed to this thread. This really is one of the friendliest and most helpful forums I've ever come across.

All the best and happy coding!

Jonny x

Comment

You don't have to force the separate delivery address. You can still provide an option. Take a look at my post http://community.actinic.com/showthr...eferrerid=4427

Jon.

Comment

Working...
        X