X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgrading - reports

Can I copy over the v14 reports to v16?
    Invoices.rpt / DataEntry.rpt / Orders.rpt

or do I have to (again) take 5-6 hours to re-do the default reports in this major upgrade?
    - this is a REAL pain on having to do this on every major release...

You can't just copy them over.

That said you can re-link the data to the new database within CR. There may have been some data structure changes however that may affect the report but in many cases this will work.

Comment

Ah yeah, I know (remember) what you mean.
      - with how Crystal Reports work, you can't just copy and paste the *.rpt files

From the previous major update, I managed to change the database link from v12 to v14 but there were still some other changes.

On v12 to v14, support told me:
      The report files will be replaced by the new files using the new variables automatically.
      If you have customised your existing v12 files you will need to apply those customisations to the new files.
      A change in the link did not work, as there were "new variables" - even though the default report looked exactly the same as the previous version.

I remember that the credit card field had different variable names

So a change in the link did not work properly... sometimes the print is all blank, sometimes not. Hence, I just decided to do the x hours work in modifying the new files - i'm not familiar with Crystal Reports, so I don't add anything to their reports, I just re-size, re-format and re-locate various fields.

I'm just hoping Sellerdeck would not keep changing the variable names so it's easier to keep using existing customised reports.

If it's possible to just change the link,that would be great, but if there are variable name changes, is there a way to check which ones and whether it's easy to change that also?

Comment

Originally posted by zgap111 View Post

If it's possible to just change the link,that would be great, but if there are variable name changes, is there a way to check which ones and whether it's easy to change that also?
        The new Sellerdeck Extension Development Kit includes the latest documentation for the data base. AFAIK it is up to date for V16.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
        Custom Packages

Comment

You should just be able to use the Set Location option in Crystal reports to quickly upgrade the reports, you only have problems if the datatypes have changed massively between the versions and they haven't for this version.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

The files (DataEntry.rpt / Invoices.rpt / orders.rpt) used to be in:
            c:/program files (x86)/sellerdeck 2014

For the new version, there is no
            c:/program files (x86)/sellerdeck 2016

I found the files located in two locations:
            C:/Program Files (x86)/Sellerdeck/Sellerdeck 2016/Versioned/16.0.0.0.0.0.PIWB/site1
            C:/Program Files (x86)/Sellerdeck/Sellerdeck 2016/Versioned/16.0.0.0.0.0.PKRM/Original

I did have the beta installed (PIWB), but it has been uninstalled.

So I made a copy of the 2014 files, and set the location to the v16 ODBC database, saved.
            I copied the files to both those locations.

When I printed, it was the default designs

I then deleted the files from those locations and it still printed the default design!?!
            I then deleted the PIWB folder, and still... *sigh*

Are these files now hidden and located somewhere else?
            or is it something to do with Crystal Reports 8.5 not compatible with Windows 8?

Comment

I found them... I think.

The reports are now located in the sites folder itself...
              Interesting, now each site can have it's own report layout.

Comment

Okay, it seems to look good at the moment on the default site1. I will load in our sites later on.

Moving those files from the Program Files location also solves the problem of the never ending Windows dialogue boxes asking for permission (even with UAC = off) whenever you copy, paste, or move a file there, and Crystal Reports 8.5 can't even save to that location...

Comment

Just upgraded to v16.00 over the weekend and found:

Orders.rpt = ok
                  Invoices.rpt = ok

DataEntry.rpt = problem - printing gives "out of memory" error

Solution:
                  : the credit card formulas had to be amended

: In Crystal Reports (v8.5) : Database > Verify Database

In each error, find
                  ActCardCryptCardCryptCtrl14DecryptBlowfish

change to
                  ActCardCryptCardCryptCtrl16DecryptBlowfish

re-do : Database > Verify Database
                  until no more errors.

Now the report works fine.

Comment

Working...