Paypal problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal problem

Since Friday the paypal payments have sometimes worked well and on download go through to Pending other times some stay in Pending payment section though there is nothing wrong with them

Have Compacted site and used website purge and refresh and hoping sorted but only time will tell

Anyone know of any paypal changes on last Friday 10th March
    Chris Ashdown

Hi Chris,

I've seen the same thing which is concerning.

I've checked the paypal end and the logs say the IPN was sent and confirmed which is odd as I was expecting to see some sign of an error there.

There's nothing I can see in my error logs which suggest an error either so it's all a bit odd.

I'm on 1and1 and using V11.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I have suffered the same problem, I don't think any of them has gone straight through.

How do you clear them out of the payment pending tab. I click on the order > payments > enter new payment then selected various methods and none moves it on. Finally I think I pick credit card and it works.

So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks M
      Mash

Comment

Paypal stopped sending IPN on 2 out of 3 sites.

I had to go into Paypal and setup the IPN address again. On both sites that were failing it was blank.
        Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Have you got a idiots guide please Jason,
          I have not touched Paypal for so many years it just worked
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

I couldn't find the location for Instant Payment Notification (IPN). I may waiting to see if it continues to fail.

I am just about to move the site SD16 so need a token for Paypal to get that working on the new site.

Fingers crossed it is a blip!

M
            Mash

Comment

Login > Profile > Profile and Settings > My Selling Preferences > Instant Payment Notifications > Update > Choose IPN Settings

Ent url www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/
              Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
              Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Thanks Jason, I was looking there but didn't see it, found blank like yours, can't remember if it was enabled before, it is now.

Thank you Mash
                Mash

Comment

We are currently investigating an issue where PayPal intermittently fails to pass certain information back to the SellerDeck checkout following a transaction. It would be helpful if you could contact Support about this and pass on any information you have about it.
                  Bruce Townsend
                  Ecommerce Product Manager
                  Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

We have had orders paid by Paypal Website Payments intermittently go to PSP Pending... and we have to check the payment has actually arrived and then manually enter a receipt into Sellerdeck.

This has been happening for a long time now... must be at least over 5 months.

Been through with Sellerdeck Support for over 4 months, and at the end, I was given a bug reference : PSP-566

I remember someone posting this last November/December, but I just can't find that post...

Anyway... I don't know if it's the same problem, but everyone who has this problem please report to Sellerdeck, as they only fix problems according to how many people reported it... (I once found a problem, and I was told that I'm the only person who's reported it so it won't get fixed)

Comment

PayPal have informed us that they fixed a bug about a week ago that matched the issue we reported to them recently. So that particular issue should now be resolved.

Orders using any kind of third party payment system can occasionally end up in PSP Pending. Normally this occurs when communication with the payment server breaks down, so that the software receives no notification of the payment. Several things can cause this, and unfortunately it's impossible to prevent completely, but it should be a rare occurrence. The fix is always to check your payment gateway account, and add the payment record to Sellerdeck manually if payment was made.
                      Bruce Townsend

Comment

Bruce,

How do you enter it manually, when I have do it I click on the order > payments > enter new payment then selected various methods and none moves it on. Finally I think I pick credit card and it works. Of course not ideal as it is Paypal.

So what is the secrete?
                        Mash

Comment

Equally annoying with Paypal (Express), is that PayPal can refuse a customer's payment yet the order is received as fully paid in Sellerdeck. This happened last night and customer is not happy as thinks they have paid. They haven't. Their two attempts are clearly marked as Refused in our PayPal account.

The PayPal Express integration leaves a lot to be desired. A good place to start would be carrying across ALL the fields from the customer's PayPal address into Sellerdeck. I'm tired of checking each damn one against the PayPal receipt.

Perhaps Sellerdeck and PayPal could talk to each other about this.
                          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Hi Mash

Normally you just have to open the order in the Payments tab; click 'View Payments' and 'New Payment'; accept the defaults (the software should already know the payment method and total) and click OK.

I actually just had the problem with a test order (my first time, I think), and that process worked OK for me. If the same doesn't work for you, then you probably need to take it to Support so that it can be properly investigated.
                            Bruce Townsend

Comment

OK Bruce I will test.

Currently having problems taking any payment, it hangs with button say 'Saving your order' and stops working.

Support is looking into it but second day really hitting us.

M
                              Mash

Comment

Working...
                              X