The dreaded Invalid Signature message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dreaded Invalid Signature message

I am with Protx and have been with them for a while quite successfully. I have now switched my site to Actinic 8 and and download orders but get the error message about invalid signature.

I have looked at other threads and have noticed that with Worldpay the problem is often resolved by changing the secret key and I ahve requested this from Protx. They are being very unhelpful and keep telling me to talk to Actinic - do you have any views on this?

Any guidance gratefully accepted.

For want of a word Protx did not work when I upgraded an existing site to v8 I cannot remember the actual error message, but the problem was the secret key had been affected by the change.

I had lost the Protx details and had to email Protx from the email account I had logged with Protx advising them of the VSP vendor name and my name. They sent me a link within an hour or so which I used to obtain all the passwords relating to my Merchant Account.

They were not unhelpful, they just had to go through their procedures which took a little time.

Hope that helps.

Chris

Comment

I have done this today with the secret key and it was unsuccessful. I am hoping they will send me a new secret key tomorrow (not sure what the response will be) as that is what seems to have solved the Worldpay problems some people are having.

Comment

did you remember to increment the occ file by one, otherwise any changes you make will not be uploaded to the website

D

Comment

I did remember to do this but it did not work first time, I kept getting errors while trying to save the new number (can't remember why). Can I increment it by one again or something?

Comment

OK actinic does not always do this properly

try this method, increment by one, restart actinic, let it do its thing, then enter you secret key, then upload

I have found actinic over writes the secret key if you do it the way it tells you to, it does not for everyone but always has for me.

D

Comment

I have opened the occupgrade.ini file in Notepad and it shows a number of 1228 which I have changed to 1229. When I try to save the file in notepad I get an error Cannot Create the C:\Program Files\Actinic V8\OCCUpgrade\OCCUpgrade.ini file. Make sure that the path and file name are correct.

Surely I should just be able to save the file once I have amended it? I think this is the problem I had first time around.

Comment

Sounds like a possible Vista security issue? If so try disabling user access security temporarily (UAC).

Comment

Oh do I hate Vista! Just to seem really stupid, do you know how I do that?

Comment

that is why it does not work, vista undoes any changes you make
                    turn of the uca and try again

D

Comment

You'll find info on how to disable UAC on this page here under 'Turning off UAC':
                      http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true

Comment

UAC lol, well right letters wrong order

Comment

Hi,

Did you re-input your encryption key into the 'OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl'?
                          Tracey
                          SellerDeck

Comment

I think this is the problem I have with my site too as I have checked the secret key twice and uploaded. I have messed around with the 'OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl' in both the site folder and main folder. I have incremented the OCCUpgrade.ini at least 4 times!

Would it be wise to set everything back to the original files and start again?

Best Wishes

Geraldine
                            Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

Comment

Would it be wise to set everything back to the original files and start again?
                              That's a good idea, but I would also suggest that you get Protx to check that they have inputted what they have given you correctly onto their servers too.
                              Tracey
                              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                              X