X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Force TWO addresses in checkout

Hi all,

How is everybody this fine Friday?

I have a question that sounds simple but I'm struggling to get to work. In my checkout I need to force the entry of TWO separate addresses. Because of the nature of who I'm doing business with they require a shipping address AND delivery address as the two WILL be different. I also need to add a couple of extra fields into the checkout. Is this do-able?

checkout already has the ability to collect 2 addresses, although it is optional - customer has to tick box "ship to separate address"

it should be possible to make thistick box preticked....

Comment

Hi,

Yes it should be possible but for whatever reason I can't find out how to bypass the tick mechanism and force checkout to display the other address entry fields.

Also, how can I add some extra fields in there?

Comment

I'm now bald. I've torn all my hair out!

I can neither get the checkout to display both lots of address fields OR get any extra fields in there.

*sigh*

Going home now to drink copious amounts of alcohol.

Comment

close down actinic and then reopen, they will appear .

Comment

Hi all,

Just to update - nothing has worked so far.

I *cannot* get the checkout to to make it mandadory to enter both delivery *and* invoice.

And neither can I get an extra variable in there.

Comment

In your 3 posts above you've not given any hint as to what you've tried. Makes it a bit hard to help!

If I look at Checkout Page 0, I see that the checkbox row is:
              Code:
              <tr>
                 <td colspan="2"><Actinic:Variable Name="InvoicePrompt016"/></td>
                 <td><input type="checkbox" <Actinic:Variable Name="InvoiceSeparateCheckStatus"/> name="SEPARATESHIP" value="YES" /></td>
              </tr>
              So replacing that with:
              Code:
              <input type="hidden" name="SEPARATESHIP" value="YES" />
              should hide the prompt and checkbox and make it appear that the checkbox is permanently ticked.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Louise,

No. I'm replacing a checkbox with a hidden field.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Sorry for not replying sooner the the thread.

Norman: that doesn't seem to work for me unfortunately. Having said that I'm beginning to think the general Actinic installation is up the spout so I'm about to uninstall and re-install to see if that works.

Also, just out of interest, can I force one delivery country? What I was thinking was to surround the 'delivery location' layout in a DIV with a style attached set to 'display: none' to effectively hide it from view but have a default selection of UK. So in actual fact all the user would see in the first page of the checkout would be their cart contents and a 'next' button. Is that feasible?

Comment

I recommend you look at this post: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=40769

The KB article referred to in the post is: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45290

The solution described in post #17 provides UK only locations and requires shopper completes delivery address in addition to invoice address. The added benefit of this solution is that the first page of the checkout is skipped - why show the shopper a page with nothing on it?
                    I would also recommend that you edit your Actinic payment and shipping zones to UK only. (Business settings -> Payment and security / Business settings -> Shipping and handling).

Jon.
                    Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 12:10 PM. Reason: Updating kb links

Comment

Working...
                    X