Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone actually using V2016 or all waiting for ver 2016.1

Is anyone actually using V2016 yet or are you all waiting on first update

What problems has anyone found, there does not seem to be mary posts about 2016 is it that good or just not bothered yet?
    Chris Ashdown

Went live about 2 weeks ago, no problems to report so far.

John
    John Ennals
    www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

I'm waiting just in case any bugs show up.
      www.satellite.ie

Comment

Going live with 2016

I have one (quieter) site up with 2016 and will be putting two more up soon (our main ones). Initial tests seem ok.

Phil
        Phil Howell
        Director
        Intuition Un Ltd
        www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

Also
        Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
        www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
        www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
        www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

Comment

I have been waiting a bit

I have been waiting, but not necessarily as long as the next update. I have been checking the forum for anybody's reports of any problems. So far not seen any bad reports but may give it a week or two to be sure.

Sarah

Comment

Hello Chris
            we have one site running 2016.
            It upgraded OK - just the usual idiot problems with the upgrader omitting </div>'s and randomly changing <div> widths, but we're used to that.
            The only fault we have found so far is on the Checkout Page 0 ...
            firstly the Design tab in Sellerdeck shows a Javascript error, but of course doesn't highlight what the error is <sigh>
            secondly, in the Design tab and online, the page shows the alternative Delivery Address even when the tickbox for the delivery address is unticked.
            This has always worked perfectly up to and including v2014.
            Even pasting in the code from v2014 doesn't fix it, so I'm suspecting a bug.
            We haven't raised this with SD support yet - just summoning the energy for what will no doubt be the usual drawn out and disappointing experience before a solution is finally provided.
            Kind Regards
            Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

P.S.
              To judge by current concerns - it seems pertinent to remark we are not using SagePay on that website, although we expect to before long.
              Kind Regards
              Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

V2016

Yes we are using V2016 and I'm happy enough to push forward with it now.

I'm very grateful to Louise at Peblaco who managed to resolve one problem with choices not appearing in four or more columns, as it had done with V14 and earlier. That prevented me going live with it.

The site isn't perfect but better to be 80% right now than 100% in 2017!! It is an on-going work in progress.

Still have a weird things with the Pinterest Logo appearing really large for a few moments then shrinking, but haven't heard back from support on that issue, reported around a month ago.

Otherwise, happy to recommend it.

Jeff
                Aerofoil Design
                http://www.aerofoil.net
                Jeff Nurse
                Managing Director

Aerofoil Design
                Office Design & Furniture Solutions
                www.aerofoil.net

Comment

Ignore the naysayers?

Used fo client sites and managed upgrades - no problems yet, In fact I like it.

Maybe ignore the naysayers?
                  Jonathan Chappell
                  Website Designer
                  SellerDeck Website Designer
                  Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
                  Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

On 14 & currently waiting for 16.1 before jumping, very eager to get original/ component stock control working properly.

That being said I'm keeping any eye out here to see what's being reported & if 16.1 takes an eternity may consider 16.
                    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

I just took the plunge and my first major problem is to do with pricing of associated products. I posted a question about it here:

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=56538

I also raised a tech support ticket.

This happened last night and I don't know if it is a bug or a problem with my computer as yet, so it may not be an issue. However, if you have associated products you may want to wait and see what the results are.

I also had a problem on install. I use office 2003 on a database system we developed for in house admin. I could not install Sellerdeck 2016 with office 2003 installed so, after talking to support, I uninstalled it, installed Sellerdeck, then re-installed it.

This could be the cause of my problems or it could be something else. However as this thread is about potential problems of 2016 I thought I would mention these.

Comment

Originally posted by David Clarke View Post
                        I also had a problem on install. I use office 2003 on a database system we developed for in house admin. I could not install Sellerdeck 2016 with office 2003 installed so, after talking to support, I uninstalled it, installed Sellerdeck, then re-installed it.

This could be the cause of my problems or it could be something else. However as this thread is about potential problems of 2016 I thought I would mention these.
                        Useful to know as we are still on Office 2003 (can't abide the "ribbon" that comes with later versions...).
                        Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

Just posted some information in the thread about my problem. It is caused by a bug in SD2016 which will be fixed in 2016.0.1. It is not caused by me having Office 2003 on the same machine as Sellerdeck.

So office 2003 should be ok to run along side Sellerdeck 2016 but you may have to uninstall office 2003, install Sellerdeck 2016 and then reinstall Office afterwards to get them both on the system. This is what I had to do. I don't know what will happen when I have to install the 2016.0.1 update, of course. The install problem is when Sellerdeck is installing an office 2013 runtime thing so as that is now installed hopefully it won't be a problem.

For now I am carrying on using SD2014.

Other info:
                          I was told by support that you can run SD2014 and SD2016 on the same computer with SD2014 in production mode and SD2016 in test mode. Orders that come into 2014 won't appear in 2016 so when I am ready to move to 2016 I will have to import a 2014 snapshot in 2016 and make it live (and fix the inevitable things that go wrong).

However, it does mean I can test 2016 live on the web, which is the only way dynamic prices show up, without having to commit to using it live.

Comment

Multi user version

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has installed a multi user version of SD16 yet. I haven't yet got my licence to upgrade yet but previous experience in installing SD14 was a nightmare. In the end we stock with the version before. I have set a side a couple of day to upgrade in December. Keen to hear if anyone was successful in doing this yet.

Thanks Mash
                            Mash

Comment

I've upgraded our 3 sites over the weekend (on 1x Win7, 2xWin8.1 machines)
                              (3 Users : 2x Sellerdeck Plus Keys, 1x Sellerdeck Plus User Key)

I could not see anything mentioned in the documentation on the firewall ports, but a quick search gave me this link:

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=53867

2 sites upgraded, uploaded, tested okay
                              1 site I had trouble uploading (refresh) from v16
                              - and found the SSL network setting for server host was missing the "www."
                              adding it back resolved that

All-in-all, it was good - considering that our sites have bits of old legacy themes etc..

I was able to convert the v14 reports to v16, which was an extreme time saver
                              - due to a slowly better knowledge on how to use Crystal Reports...

We have Office 2003 on the Win7 & Win8.1 machine, and did not have any problems with it (so far)

Only 1 major problem specific to v16:
                              We just tried the Paypal "Refund" button on v16... it doesn't work, Bug Ref : PSP-556
                              - if you're upgrading just for that, you can afford to wait until that is fixed...
                              (and the fix probably won't be on the first maintenance release)

Syncserver still throws an error (which crashes Sellerdeck)
                              when my "VMWare Virtual Ethernet Adapters" are enabled... I have to disable those Adapters.

Just upgraded the two Win8.1 machines to Windows 10, and all seems to be okay with Sellerdeck & Office 2003
                              - albeit the colour scheme (in Win10) still doesn't show editable fields in Sellerdeck (see images), must be frustrating for those who joined the Sellerdeck bandwagon from Win8 onwards...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X