Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embed Video

Hi there,

This may be a simple one, I am trying to embed video in a fragment, so I add a new fragmnet and on the general > I paste code from YouTube the code generated from their share and embed link to show a video within the fragment. However I only get the title showing.

I checked help and scanned the community, I did wonder if it was a layout issue but there isn't a video layout available.

I have also put the code in the fragment text and it looks like it works. I rather have it in embed video field.

Any thoughts, thanks
    Mash

Are you using the old version or iframe - you will need code tags around it to:

!!<<youtube code>>!!
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Hi Ed,

I did see your post regarding videos in SD14, I had a look round your site to try and find one.

I am using the iframe coding.

Alas not working just getting the code appearing and no video: Example video below the product, it is in a fragment.

Is your current site in SD16?

Thanks Mash
      Mash

Comment

Mine is still v14, I removed pretty much all of them because they often caused problems in responsive views, if you are just putting them in fragments using the codes !!<<>>!! around will only work with the older non iframe I believe - youtube usually allows you to select on the embed options - "use old code"
        https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Thanks, I will look at it on Friday, see if I can get it to work and see if it adds anything to the page.

Thanks M
          Mash

Comment

Have a look at this Carbon Fibre Ring is this what you are after? (half way down page)
            Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
            Zirconium Rings
            Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Yes that is right, in our case it is a video showing how to use the product.

Is the ring shown, digital rendering or the real thing?

Thanks M
              Mash

Comment

Hi Mash,

The ring is an actual video.

The way we got this to work is we set up a new layout and added the code from you tube into the layout.

We set up a new variable for the video ID and replaced the youtube id with our variable. The variable is then set at product level, so you just put the id in such as I3KUZjJSCQ0 and it will load the correct video.

Of course there are some blockif's to only show when input is not empty etc.

This works better than trying to use fragments with !!< >!! which we had trouble with.
                Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                Zirconium Rings
                Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

That is excellent, thanks I will give it a go later, thanks M
                  Mash

Comment

Working...
                  X