Shipping cost in Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping cost in Cart

Has anyone got this working? - I know it's in the 'Wish List' section but to be honest, it should be in the "Why doesn't it work in SD14/16 and no doubt SD18' section

It was is 12/13 I believe

Activating "Request Location Early" looks awful, plus you loose "Quantity on Page" facility

I tried using "Handling Charge" as basic delivery charge, then commenting it all out on the Checkout pages so as the real shipping cost displays, however, the Total Amount adds up the handling charge even though it's not visible

There must be a nice and neat way of this working. I still can't understand why SD messed this one up, it's a reason why my SD16 is gathering dust and cancelled SD Support as well

Originally posted by kev67 View Post
    Has anyone got this working? - I know it's in the 'Wish List' section but to be honest, it should be in the "Why doesn't it work in SD14/16 and no doubt SD18' section

It was is 12/13 I believe

Activating "Request Location Early" looks awful, plus you loose "Quantity on Page" facility

I tried using "Handling Charge" as basic delivery charge, then commenting it all out on the Checkout pages so as the real shipping cost displays, however, the Total Amount adds up the handling charge even though it's not visible

There must be a nice and neat way of this working. I still can't understand why SD messed this one up, it's a reason why my SD16 is gathering dust and cancelled SD Support as well
    Currently working on an AJAX call to a remote mysql database during the cart process to counter this myself, I hope to have something live over the next couple of weeks.

When I have some working solution(s) I will happily share.
    Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

Hello Matt

Point is, you shouldn't be doing any of this at all. I see why and what you mean, but clearly you shouldn't be

It's a basic function that's was there but is not anymore, it's ridiculous being that there are so many users out there also wanting the same answer

Comment

Originally posted by kev67 View Post
        Hello Matt

Point is, you shouldn't be doing any of this at all. I see why and what you mean, but clearly you shouldn't be

It's a basic function that's was there but is not anymore, it's ridiculous being that there are so many users out there also wanting the same answer
        Regardless of the fact that is is a seemingly very simple functionality, unfortunately it's a needs must - a customer decides at the cart level if they're purchasing from you or not.

Transparency is key.

As I said - when I have a solution, I will happily share this with the community (My code will be built in 16.0.5, but *should* be adaptable cross versions.)
        Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

Working...
        X