Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube Follow Button error

Hello,

We've got SellerDeck Business Plus 2016 (16.0.1). I managed to add all the social media buttons to the top of the page (and checked that the links worked properly). However, when I add the "Follow buttons" to the footer, the YouTube one comes up with an error (see attached file).

The link to the homepage where you can see this (just scroll to the bottom of the page): https://www.jpautomationinc.com/index.html

Any ideas as to what might be causing this error? The youtube link works at the top, so I don't think it is related to an error in the URL. Many thanks in advance!
    Attached Files
    JP Automation, Inc. Distributor of factory automation, process heat and controls equipment: www.jpautomationinc.com
    Dakswan Automation. Controls panel design & fabrication and special wiring and engineering solutions: www.dakswan.com

What did you enter into that field in the site options social section?
    www.flytesofancy.co.uk, www.electricfencingkits.co.uk, www.dorsetlogstores.co.uk, www.framebow.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth Wanklin View Post
      What did you enter into that field in the site options social section?
      Thanks for your reply! I entered the link to our channel page:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSgkxElaxlPYn23dSDwpO7g

Here is a screenshot:

JP Automation, Inc. Distributor of factory automation, process heat and controls equipment: www.jpautomationinc.com
      Dakswan Automation. Controls panel design & fabrication and special wiring and engineering solutions: www.dakswan.com

Comment

it would appear that there is a couple of issues with the code,

1) data-channel should be data-channelid
        2) the SD variable is for the url but the youtube parameter requires the id only.

I Used the Youtube DEV GUIDE to get the required format.

To make it work you will need to make the following changes;

open the "YouTube Subscribe Button" Layout. you should see the following;

HTML Code:
        <div class="g-ytsubscribe" 
           data-channel="<actinic:variable name="YouTubeID" />" 
           data-layout="default"
           data-count="<actinic:variable name="YouTubeSubscriberCount" />">
        </div>
        you will need to change it to the following;

HTML Code:
        <div class="g-ytsubscribe" 
           data-channelid="UCSgkxElaxlPYn23dSDwpO7g" 
           data-layout="default"
           data-count="<actinic:variable name="YouTubeSubscriberCount" />">
        </div>
        Then Publish to Web

I hope that this helps.
        www.flytesofancy.co.uk, www.electricfencingkits.co.uk, www.dorsetlogstores.co.uk, www.framebow.co.uk

Comment

It worked!

I changed the code like you suggested and it worked! The Youtube button displays perfectly now. Thank you so much for looking into this Gareth

Comment

Thanks Gareth for looking this up. Basically the SellerDeck code is designed to work with a YouTube Custom URL. This is noted in the help, but it's not very prominent.

A Custom URL means you can have the name of your choice rather than an unintelligible string of characters. It looks more professional and it's easier for people to remember, so I would recommend getting one as soon as you are eligible. See https://support.google.com/youtube/a...57968?hl=en-GB for information.

If you don't have a Custom URL then the format is different, and for us it was a case of supporting either one or the other. I will keep an eye on it, though. If a number of users have the same trouble then we might find a way to support both formats - even if has to be through a manual switch in the UI.
            Bruce Townsend
            Ecommerce Product Manager
            Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

I seem to have the same problem here except I do have a custom url. You can see the problem here:-

http://www.lomo.co.uk

You can see that the custom url works correctly in the other youtube icon at the bottom left of the page, although when you look at the page source html the url seems to have a leading space before the start of the url. Not sure if that is relevant here or not as the link still seems to work.

I think the fix shown above is if you dont have a custom url.

Any ideas anyone?
              Mark Lowery
              Lomo

Comment

In the end I abandoned using my custom url with this feature. The Youtube Dev Guide link in Gareth's post was useful in testing things. The custom url didnt work even in their test environment which is on that page. It will show you if your url will give an error or not. My custom url even gave an error there.

So I reverted back to using the data-channelid= suggestion from Gareth and it worked a treat.
                Mark Lowery
                Lomo

Comment

Working...
                X