Potentially serious problem with emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potentially serious problem with emails

Unfortunately another issue has come to light with v18.0.0, affecting the ability of sites to send emails in certain circumstances.

Because of this and to avoid further uncertainty, we are suspending the v18 release for the time being.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Any idea on a timescale for this?

Will it necessitate uninstalling existing version and re-installing?

I'm already working on several upgrades to SD2018 - I'd hate to have to re-do that work so I've come to a standstill.
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

OMG, the very basics as well

Comment

The issue with email sending has now been resolved. The fix has been thoroughly tested, and a new build is available, http://portal.sellerdeck.co.uk/index...ck-desktop-v18. The fix does not have any upgrade implications.

This was a complex issue related to the work for Secure SMTP. It was detected as a result of server-side work with a view to supporting the same on Sellerdeck Hosting. For certain server configurations, the Sellerdeck mail script was unable to detect the conditions correctly, and emails could not be sent.

This configuration issue is addressed in the new build. However, in case of others that we may be unable to detect, we have decided to adopt a more cautious approach to the implementation of Secure SMTP. This must now be enabled manually via a checkbox in the Network Setup. This also enables it to be disabled manually should it be found not to work on a particular web server.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
        X