Annual Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annual Cover

I'm sure this has been a topic before yet I can't find the post/thread, but I have had cover for years, I've never used it apart from having SD upgrades. (This forum is the "Support" thank god).....until today when I get an SD email saying it's annual cover is going up by a whopping 25% if you don't have SD hosting !!

So, with your 20% discount () taking mine down to £436 PA, that ends up being £545 PA, but I can't find anywhere what the real annual cost is? - Does anyone know?

PS SD, the email you sent out, the links don't work

Originally posted by kev67 View Post
    I'm sure this has been a topic before yet I can't find the post/thread, but I have had cover for years, I've never used it apart from having SD upgrades. (This forum is the "Support" thank god).....until today when I get an SD email saying it's annual cover is going up by a whopping 25% if you don't have SD hosting !!

So, with your 20% discount () taking mine down to £436 PA, that ends up being £545 PA, but I can't find anywhere what the real annual cost is? - Does anyone know?

PS SD, the email you sent out, the links don't work
    Thank you for your post. I can confirm that the investment will be £545 plus VAT per annum on your next renewal (assuming it is after 26th March). The changes in pricing does not take affect until the 26th March so we have not changed the pricing on our website just yet.

The community on this forum is an asset to Sellerdeck and all its users; so although I want to ensure you get the most value from our Cover contract, I'm glad to hear you get the support you need from your fellow users.

Our Cover contract gives you access to our entire company through the support team, so if you find yourself in a difficult situation please do take advantage of this.
    Josh Barling
    CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

Josh is cover monthly or yearly?

I will be cancelling my cover in the near future, how would I go about this?
      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

When I upgraded from v13 to v16 I took out cover on the advice of SD, can anyone tell me if you are able to just buy the software and at what cost please for Business Plus? 25% is steep.
        Many Thanks
        Lee
        www.mdnsupplies.co.uk
        www.hookandloopfasteners.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Barling View Post
          Thank you for your post. I can confirm that the investment will be £545 plus VAT per annum on your next renewal (assuming it is after 26th March). The changes in pricing does not take affect until the 26th March so we have not changed the pricing on our website just yet.
          Last year you charged me for Business Plus even though I requested the downgrade to Business. Can you confirm that if I decide to renew cover this year (unlikely as a 25% increase in fees is taking the mickey), you will not only refund the excess you charged me last year, but also only charge for Business as requested?
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
            Josh is cover monthly or yearly?

I will be cancelling my cover in the near future, how would I go about this?
            Hi Jason,

Our Cover contracts are annual contracts that have a monthly payment option.

If you would like to discuss your account and your options I can ask a colleague to call you next week.

Alternatively you can cancel your contracts by emailing cancellations@sellerdeck.com

Of course we genuinely want to deliver more value than the cost of Cover and I truly believe that is the case. We are working on further enhancements to the Desktop software which you may not be able to access without Cover. As always I recommend subscribing to Cover.

Thanks
            Josh Barling
            CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

I have just checked my emails about cover. I actually asked in 2016 to downgrade to Business cover only and this was accepted. You proceeded to charge me for Business Plus in both 2016 and 2017. I assumed it had been done. It wasn't.
              Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by MDN View Post
                When I upgraded from v13 to v16 I took out cover on the advice of SD, can anyone tell me if you are able to just buy the software and at what cost please for Business Plus? 25% is steep.
                Hi Lee,

Cover is the option that gives you access to our latest advancements, including version upgrades. With this contract we can ensure you receive all developments within that 12 month period and have access to the support team if required. We can immediately set the contract to cancel on renewal if you only want it for one year.

You can avoid the price changes by using Sellerdeck as your core ecommerce service provider and hosting your websites on our servers which are the best environment for them.

On another note, I checked your contracts and as you are growing at a fast rate, I believe we need to change your package which will reduce your annual cost (and quite possibly by more than the Cover price increase). I'll email you separately about that.

PS: love the sticky mega menu that fades over time.

Thanks
                Josh Barling
                CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
                  Last year you charged me for Business Plus even though I requested the downgrade to Business. Can you confirm that if I decide to renew cover this year (unlikely as a 25% increase in fees is taking the mickey), you will not only refund the excess you charged me last year, but also only charge for Business as requested?
                  Hi Jessica,

I was just drafting a response and then received your email - thank you for making me aware of this.

I will have it corrected on Monday. Your contract will be downgraded to Business and I will also issue a credit note on the previous year.

Please keep in mind that we will retire your Business Plus key and issue a new Business key and you will not be able to manage multiple stores. Also please be aware that you will need to purchase the upgrade to Business Plus in the future if you require multiple stores.

I am sorry for this administration error and I will get the team to apply one months free to your contract.

Thanks
                  Josh Barling
                  CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

Thanks Josh.

Comment

I didn't get the email, but only in IT can a company impose such a massive percentage increase on a product. Folk in business will accept through gritted teeth small yearly inflation linked increases, but 25% for something you may not use kind of drops it down the list of "must haves"
                      www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

We have been considering adding another user to the software. For Business Plus this would push our cover contract to over £130 a month.

This now means we have hit a wall going forward. We won’t make any decisions until 2018 is released, but if we consider it a poor investment for our £2000 of cover already spent, then after 15 years as a user we will have to make decisions with our commitment to the software.
                        Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Quality of Support

I think another factor is the ability, or willingness of support to actually solve the problems that are reported. I had an issue at the end of November for which I am still awaiting a fix. This has happened before.
                          Jeff Nurse
                          Managing Director

Aerofoil Design
                          Office Design & Furniture Solutions
                          www.aerofoil.net

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnurse View Post
                            I think another factor is the ability, or willingness of support to actually solve the problems that are reported. I had an issue at the end of November for which I am still awaiting a fix. This has happened before.
                            I have had a few of them, spent an age trying to fix then to be told "it is a bug we can not fix it" with no option on when OR if they wiil fix the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mje View Post
                              I didn't get the email, but only in IT can a company impose such a massive percentage increase on a product. Folk in business will accept through gritted teeth small yearly inflation linked increases, but 25% for something you may not use kind of drops it down the list of "must haves"
                              Hi Mark,

It's important you have the appropriate settings to receive our emails - you were definitely sent one. We also sent out a letter.

With the Desktop 365 Plus service you will not see the 25% price rise. We can give you a quote on the service, alternatively you can using our online calculator - https://2018.sellerdeck.co.uk/price-calculator.php

Thanks
                              Josh Barling
                              CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

Working...
                              X