BUG: CSS disapearing in V10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG: CSS disapearing in V10

Having so much problems with v10, had to roll back twice on snapshots in last week as when to snapshot coming up with windows errors, actinic support had same problems also and cannot resolve yet, then happened again today

Another issue im having is that my css is disapearing, i need to do a full refresh to get back, this happens just randomly
    www.3000rpm.com

www .designedwebsite .co .uk

all the blue on menu bar on left and top areas all turns white, the text is white so just looks blank

i have fixed it for the time being with a full refresh but i have had to do this nearly daily this week
    www.3000rpm.com

Comment

You say you're css is disappearing - are you saying that without uploading it disappears online or that it disappears in design preview?

You are using both actinic.css and 1External.css, try adding the second one to the additional files list. Similarly with the css referenced backgrounds.

Also you mentioned windows errors - what errors were those?
      Did this happen when you were creating a snapshot or when trying to restore?

Have you compacted your database?

Comment

I think this is a re-occurrence of the V9 bug that was fixed. It's around this time after an initial fix that we can sometimes get a bug reappear for whatever reason. A normal upload can sometimes for no reason, strip out the external CSS, that seems exactly the same as before, something to do with the parse of the stylesheet if i recall correctly.

Comment

How do i add the second one to the additional files list?

It always shows fine in preview just online it disappears.

The errors happen when creating a snapshot, this is after a lot of products added as i just got my new design and am redoing each product in turn and have around 1500 products.

When it is collecting site files after about 10 mins it will stop, then come up a windows debug error.

I have compacted databases, tried all normal things suggested on forum.

I contacted support, uploaded my site folder and then they replicated the same errors on their systems.

That was one week ago and they still dont have a solution for me other than to turn off the preview while doing a snapshot but this does not do anything and still get the same error.

I had to revert back to and older snapshot and lost a days work and am not saving every 2 hours or so, so far have had the error happen again but still dont know why or how to fix.

Another strange problem I have is that if i leave actinic open for an hour or so then come back to PC it closes down automatically just dissapears.

I own a computer shop and the system is brand new, I have checked and changed most components, done a reinstall and even have an identical system sitting right next to it and it happens there also so i doubt hardware related.
          www.3000rpm.com

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            I think this is a re-occurrence of the V9 bug that was fixed. It's around this time after an initial fix that we can sometimes get a bug reappear for whatever reason. A normal upload can sometimes for no reason, strip out the external CSS, that seems exactly the same as before, something to do with the parse of the stylesheet if i recall correctly.
            Yep, got to agree with Lee here...have had this happen randomly every couple of weeks. I now check each upload on a browser (sure, guess I should be doing that anyway!) to check if the CSS is there...Most of time it is but sometimes it simply seems to have not been uploaded / missing somehow...

Comment

Working...
            X