'unregister' dreamweaver design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'unregister' dreamweaver design

I've registered a couple of dreamweaver designs with Actinic, but these have been re-created and I now need to remove the original designs and register the new ones...

I'm pretty sure this can be done (I'm sure I've done it in Version 9 before) but can anyone point me in the right direction for instructions on how to remove the designs from Actinic?

I've tried registering the new designs using the same names as the old ones but it won't let me .....

There's a KB article here: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45379

Comment

Thank you for that... I knew it was possible!

However on checking the site options, one of my layouts appears to be selected somewhere that I can't see - some of the layouts (for instance "brochure page layout") are using "Use Parent (=mylayoutname)... but I can't locate the 'parent' in order to change it!

How is this even possible? And if it is, can you tell me how I might change the parent layout so that those 'use parent' options also change?

Thanks again

Comment

Check the Layout settings in the Site Options.

Comment

Thats what I've done... as I said, some of the layouts in here have "use parent (=mylayoutname) but I don't know how I can change the parent layout without knowing what the parent is!

According to the Actinic help file, I believe the parent is the "Variable Properties" but I have no idea how to change this (I don't even remember setting the overall layout to my design???)

Comment

Try Design - Themes - Advanced Themes Config - Page Layouts tab

Comment

Yes - but even in there it only says "use parent (=mydesignname)

I can over-ride all these 'use parent' settings, but then the 'parent' itself will still be using my design and I won't be able to remove it....

In "Design / Themes / Advanced Themes Config / Page Layouts Tab" all the visible layouts were set to a standard Actinic layout, except the brochure layout, which is still saying "use parent".... surely one of the first is the parent layout??

This is how it looks:
              - Site
              checkout pages layout = outer layout for silver theme
              login page layout = outer layout for silver theme
              overall page layout = outer layout for silver theme
              psp bounce page layout = outer layout for silver theme
              receipt page layout = receipt page layout
              view cart page layout = outer layout for silver theme

- Brochure
              brochure page layout = use parent (=mylayoutname)
              Could this be a glitch in my version of Actinic (its only the trial version at the moment??)

Frustrating....!!!

Comment

Working...
              X