No announcement yet.

mischarging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that joy was shortlived. The first order that comes in lops both shipping and handling charge.
    Attached Files

Comment

Very Strange.

I have just had another play around in the shopping cart and is always calculates the 75p handling charge and a postage amount that matches your shipping table.
      I have just placed a test order (without payment) to see what comes through at your end.

To me is displayed as below:
      Sub-Total - £57.60
      Shipping (UK Delivery) - £10.30
      Handling - £0.75
      Total - £68.65

I assume it must download into your sellerdeck software exactly the same.
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse
      Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Yes, it reached me as it left you, shipping and handling charge perfectly correct, no second-guessing, and the same with another (but more genuine) order that came in without payment. But, as noted in my previous, the first paid order after refreshing the site undercharged on both shipping and handling.

If anyone else out there has managed to read this far, it would be most useful if you could look at some of your orders and see whether, on the Shipping and Handling tab, there are any instances where the "Original" and "Current" values for shipping are different from "Calculated". If so, please let me know. It was three years before I happened to notice that Actinic was losing me money, and if there is a bug it's unlikely that it affects only one user.

Comment

That first order might have been a hangover from before the refresh.

i.e. If a customer adds something to cart and gets past the address details before you did an update then the shipping and handling charges will already have been set by then.

There can be a delay before someone completes the payment. Sometimes they go to check other sites once they know the full shipping and handling charges, sometimes they go to get their card and end up making a cup of tea and get distracted. There are plenty of scenarios for this and it does happen.

At the moment that one order appears to be anomaly. If I were you I wouldn't be too worried about it right now but would keep an eye on delivery charges for the next few days.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

After a lull in business, the first order has come in with no second-guessing by SD.

Many thanks for all the help.

Comment

Working...
            X