"Enable online stock control" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Enable online stock control" ?

At the moment I just have "Enable stock monitoring" in use & refresh my site when products fall below minimum stock level - mainly to remove the add to cart button on unavailable items.

I assume "Enable online stock control" would do this automatically by referring to the "suspend if below qty" & removing the cart button as I am doing manually by refreshing at the moment?

Does this work like it says on the tin, or are there any server / software overheads to be aware of?

Thanks.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Originally posted by Air-Tech View Post
    At the moment I just have "Enable stock monitoring" in use & refresh my site when products fall below minimum stock level - mainly to remove the add to cart button on unavailable items.

I assume "Enable online stock control" would do this automatically by referring to the "suspend if below qty" & removing the cart button as I am doing manually by refreshing at the moment?

Does this work like it says on the tin, or are there any server / software overheads to be aware of?

Thanks.
    It works like it says on the tin using javascript to control the display based on the Suspend Level setting for each product. The web keeps its own record of stock which is updated whenever the PC contacts the web (setting in the Business Settings - Ordering section). It also downloads any orders for you automatically.

One point to bear in mind is if you set the Suspend level to any value other than 1 the web site displays a modified value for stock.

Real stock 100, suspend level 1, displayed 100.
    Real stock 100, suspend level -999, displayed 1100.
    Real stock 100, suspend level 0, displayed 101.
    Real stock 100, suspend level 2, displayed 99.

there is a software mod posted on the forum to correct this.
    http://community.actinic.com/showthr...=stock+control

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Perfect, Thanks.

Comment

I have recently got "online stock control" working in V10.0.2 & all seemed well until a MOTO order was processed - the order was shipped & invoiced as per normal, but the stock levels in Actinic (desktop) have not reduced to reflect the order?

I have had a look around some other posts, but most concern Actinic Business or Enterprise & I am only on Catalog. I would have thought MOTO orders would update the stock on the desktop & then on the next stock update, update the stock on my site - I figure I need to adjust settings somewhere?

Thanks.

Comment

You don't get a MOTO tab on catalog, so i guess something dodgy is going on somehow.

Comment

No you don't, but you can still do a manual/new order which steps you through the process & then takes you over to the PSP's manual entry page?

Comment

Maybe you've uncovered a bug then in that the manual process does not sync correctly, i have no idea on that i'm afraid.

Comment

I certainly can't replicate this using the Operations > New Order method.
                Stock is deducting correctly in the desktop and updating the website at the next sync

Are you saying your stock level on the desktop isn't adjusted for offline orders at all?
                Am not too sure why yours wouldn't be but I guess it's one for Actinic if it isn't.
                Tracey

Comment

"Are you saying your stock level on the desktop isn't adjusted for offline orders at all?"

Correct, there has been no desktop stock adjustment for this offline order - most of our orders are online, offline being a rare occurrence. I haven't had online stock control running for very long, but all online orders are reducing stock as expected, both before & since the problem offline one.

Sounds like I better get on the blower to Actinic!

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X