IsBrochureHomePage Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IsBrochureHomePage Error

I think this may have been touched on elsewhere???

I have a code to display a canonical link on each page:
    Code:
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Brochure%27" >
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsBrochureHomePage%22%20%2f%3e" >
    <link rel="canonical" href="<actinic:variable name="WebURL" />" />	
    </actinic:block>	
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Brochure%27" >
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsBrochureHomePage%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false">
    <link rel="canonical" href="<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" /><actinic:variable name="BrochurePageURL" />" />
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Section%22" >
    	<link rel="canonical" href="<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" /><actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" />" />
    Despite my best efforts Actinic sometimes throws up an error:
    Error in condition (The 'IsBrochureHomePage' variable has been placed within the 'jcpage' layout but it won't work there. Click here to go to the code.).
    If I click on a brochure page in content tree the error goes, and stays gone when going back to section pages. It sometimes throws up the error when uploading the site, sometimes not.
    I would have thought wrapping the brochure related blockifs in a
    Code:
    <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'Brochure'
    blockif would do it but as you see it doesn't.
    Personally I would live with it but it is not good form to hand a site to a client that pops errors up!
    Thanks people!
    http://www.graphicz.eu.com/site1/
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

It's a spurious error. I think you only see this when starting up in Design mode, so it shouldn't affect production sites.

Nice if Actinic would fix it though.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yep i get this regularly too, starting up or uploading when on the design tab seems the main culprit, disable the design tab for the client is my solution. I think it stems from being a system condition which you cannot access.

Comment

So reassuring utterances to the clients then???
        Thank you both as always.
        Jonathan Chappell
        Website Designer
        SellerDeck Website Designer
        Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
        Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

One of those ridiculous things you have to wash over and say oh don't worry about that fatal error or that crippling error message, that's just actinic being a spasmodic div. Open up the software again or be on this tab and the error will have have vanished like a fart in the wind.

Bit like strapping someone into an upside down rollercoaster and saying oh don't worry about those 3 missing bolts from the harness, there's still one left holding it all together.

Clients should largely be banned from the design tab IMO, so i just disable that most of the time, especially for those 'dangerous brian' clients.

Comment

2 versions later and this still hasn't been fixed - I know it's not critical but it is annoying!
            The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Hello Mick

I am trying to replicate the issue my end using Jonathan's code above, however I fail to get a coding error. Could you help me with a scenario if this is (near)consistently reproducible for you?

Regards
              Krithika Chandrasekar
              SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Krithika

Insert
                Code:
                <title><actinic:variable name="PageTitle" /> <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionLevel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3e%200" > | <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" />    </actinic:block></title>
                Into page title

While on Design tab close Sellerdeck down
                Reopen Sellerdeck
                See the attached error (screenshot)
                To clear the error change from Design tab or go to a product brochure page etc - this inhibits the error until the next time you open up in Design mode

(I am using Designer btw)

Same occurs if I use the 'SectionLevel variable in the Javascript Header Functions Layout
                Attached Files
                Last edited by meden; 02-Apr-2013, 10:46 AM. Reason: Further info
                The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Try wrapping the sectionlevel blockif in a pagetype == 'section' blockif.
                  Peblaco

Comment

Sorted! thanks Peblaco
                    The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Hello Mick

Thanks for the scenario, I can now replicate the issue, and Louise's work around does away with the problem as well. (Thank you Louise). I shall log this to be looked at for fixing in a future release.

Regards
                      Krithika Chandrasekar
                      SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Please be advised if using SellerDeck filtering “make filtering the default view” the page changes to a cgi-bin link and requires 301 redirects or a canonical tag, however the canonical tag cannot use variables store folder and page name for filtered pages as it affects search engines listings as they are unable to index content. See: http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=55375
                        Peblaco

Comment

Working...
                        X