Variables within Head Section of Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variables within Head Section of Page

I am trying to use the SectionURL variable in the head section of the overall page payout but Actinic throws up an error message saying it wont work there.

Does anyone know a way around this.please?

If you are using it for sections wrap it in a blockif for the page type of Section.
    Peblaco

Comment

I am using it as a canonical tag on all my mobile web pages. I am running the mobile site as a sub-domain and don't want to get wacked for duplicate content. As every page needs to carry a canonical tag in the head section I want to use the SectionPageName: variable to identify the preferred page on the main site for the search engines to index.

It actually works fine except Actinic doesn't like it and throws up an error message during upload that there are xx errors and would I like to stop the upload and review them. I just continued with the upload and it worked fine. So apart from the nag every time I do an upload I don't really think there's a problem after all. However, if there's a better way of doing it I'm all ears.

Comment

The variable SectionPageName will only show a URL on a section, so wrap it in a blockif for page Section and it should stop the error.
        Peblaco

Comment

That works a treat, many thanks.

Comment

Please note if using SellerDeck filtering “make filtering the default view” it changes to a cgi-bin link and requires 301 redirects or a canonical tag, but the canonical tag cannot use variables store folder and page name for filtered pages as it affects search engines listings as they cannot index content. See: http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=55375
            Peblaco

Comment

Working...
            X