SITE TRAFFIC driop-off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SITE TRAFFIC driop-off

Hi all. I have experienced a near total drop off in order and traffic to http://www.danish-homestore.com and have been trying to figure out why?

I have google analytics and webmaster tools and have been running the site for 11years with good sales and ranking but as of feb 2014 it seems to just have come to a complete halt.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PS WHY OH WHY does sellerdeck create the sitemap in HTML when none of the search engines use it in that format and there is no option in sellerdeck to convert to XML??

I am using version 10
    Image Alt-tags are being written atm
    page names are seo for my business
    keywords are being changed for better more accurate seo
    index page is easy and clear with text and information and all products are single product pr page.

Have you looked in your Google webmaster tools account and what does that show?

If you log in to google webmaster tools and click on the search traffic link they'll show you all the top search terms, traffic to them and how these have changed over time.

You'll also be able to see what problems there might be with your site.

This would be the first place I'd look.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

A Google Panda update rolled out early last week which may have affected your site - started on the Tuesday and reflected in Webmaster site impressions and Analytics across my customer sites - all positive though.
      =======================================
      Cater For You Ltd

Comment

server problem

I am beginning to suspect that the DNS server is the problem as I have not made any changes to the site design / structure but have had several down times due to server issues.

The site is currently hosted by ACTIVE24 as they offer unlimited bandwidth compared to actinc who i had previously and got monthly excessive bandwidth usage charges from. The site was using several GB when I changed to Active. This is partly why I cant understand this sudden "death" almost of the site.

I have added a ROBOTS.txt file so will wait another 48hrs and see what happens

Is there a method for testing the DNS is allowing google to crawl?

The webmaster tools show an increase in traffict since last week but still a downward tendency
        in traffic.
        Queries
        Impressions
        Clicks

12,639 -5%
        Displaying 3,961

2,279 -12%
        Displaying 1,007

The only thing i am puzzled about is in links to my site / anchor text.

i see alot of links that are just numbers and not page names?
        4. 21 40
        5. 181 200
        6. 281 300
        7. 121 140
        8. 361 380
        and so forth until line
        14. danish homestore com

Google help does not explain in detail what the anchor text is

Comment

I've just been speaking to a friend of mine, he's the owner of one of the top 5 ISP's about this very subject.
          he monitors keywords etc as thats his job for some of his clients.
          since monday when the new panda update rollout occured, he's noticed a worrying trend.
          He has appeared in the 1st page for a few years now for important keywords for ISP's
          but after monday, he suddenly dropped to pos 18-20 for a lot of his keywords, looking at the competitors for identical keywords, he told me that the industry seems to have had a 38% drop on traffic for those keywords, personally he dropped only 30% so he's doing better that the average.
          he's noticed a big drop in unique new vistors compared to the same individual days over the last 2 months - it's definately the panda update !

he also mentioned that the sites taking his place at pos1 are people like BT and BBC, WIKI etc (authoratitive?) but when you click on those links it goes to totally unrelated info, its as though BT has more clout than he has !!

tweaking the pages for various clients, he's noticed that you can "slowly" re-climb back up the rankings, but again we (the general public) have to fight to go back up the rankings

kev

Comment

So i am doing investigations as to why the site is dropped in ranking and searches and have come up with a problem.

The section page http://www.danish-homestore.com/acatalog/index.html
            only has a single META tag space in catalog and i want to add the meta tag ROBOTS but can not find a way to make more available in the design.

I can manually download the file from the server and change it with all the tags
            Robots
            Rating
            Distribution

but as soon as i upload the site through catalog it is overwritten and back to the single meta tag
            Description
            Keywords

thaks for your assistance.
            PS i have contacted Louise @ Peblaco re a re-design

Comment

Latest twist

I did a sitewide search 200 and that came back with 2 index pages. So 1 will be renamed on monday.

The description will be fine tuned too.

The index at google shows = pages indexed = 0 but when i search info:www.danish-homestore.com all the pages show.

In gwt the crawl errors show dns= not able to communicated with the server
              Robots.txt is found

If this is panda related there is going to some serious shit going down in the panda enclosures soon
              Last edited by danishouse; 01-Jun-2014, 07:47 AM. Reason: Change of information

Comment

Working...
              X