Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PayPal Refund button refunding too much!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Refund button refunding too much!

In November 2015 (I had a support contract then) I reported to Support that the new PayPal Refund button was not working. I was getting the following error:-

"An error occurred processing your request. The error returned from the payment service provider was:
    Error: (10003) Missing Argument. A transaction ID is required."

I was told that this was a bug which would be reviewed for fixing in a future release.

Today I had a look through the forum to see whether anyone else has experienced this issue and also to see whether it had been fixed yet. This post seemed to refer to the same issue and it had been given a bug reference of PSP-556.

I needed to do a partial refund and so I thought I might as well try the button to see if the issue has been fixed. The worst that could happen was that I got the above error. I entered the partial amount that I needed refunding and was horrified to see that the whole transaction got refunded! Well, my PayPal control panel reported as such, but SellerDeck seemed to be under the impression that only my partial amount had been refunded. The full amount has definitely been refunded back to the customer though - I can see this in my PayPal control panel.

Wouldn't it be prudent to disable this button for the time being, to stop this from happening until the issue is fixed? I don't know if Support are aware of this new issue with the PayPal Refund button but, with me no longer having a support contract, I'm unsure as to what the correct procedure is for reporting such things. Would anybody know please? I'm on version 16.0.0 Business.

Whoops. That's not great.

There is a bug report section on the forum which could be a good place to report this problem.

I'd expect one of the forum moderators to maybe move this thread and report the problem to support for looking at.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply Mike. Hopefully one of the mods will see this and move it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsBee View Post
        Thanks for your quick reply Mike. Hopefully one of the mods will see this and move it.
        Moved to the Bug Reports forum.

Comment

Thank you Duncan.

Comment

Pre-March 2016 : I did ask (Cover Support) if it worked and was told it didn't...
            so I thought Sellerdeck was promoting a feature that doesn't work at all...

Early March 2016, I had a call from Sellerdeck regarding this issue (following up a support ticket dating back to December...), and was told the functions did work...
            ...only works with Paypal Website Payments = set to "Pre-Authorise Transactions" mode

The PSP-556 Bug is for when it's set to : "charge transactions immediately"

We are using it in "Pre-Authorise" mode and the buttons do work as intended.

Comment

That's really interesting Tak, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I don't use the 'Pre-authorise transactions" mode, I use 'Charge transactions immediately' so I suppose it will be a long time before I am able to use this feature.

Talking of features being promoted but not actually available, the Ebay extension has been advertised forever but has still not emerged. That's another feature I thought I would be getting when I purchased cover over 12 months ago. Very frustratingly, that has not been the case.

Comment

Back in December, the bug report was this:

==========================================

Description: Paypal Refund Error
                Solution: Bug (ref. PSP-556)

This query has been caused by a bug. What is happening is the software is not setting a PSP Provider ref. when the PSP is set to charge transactions immediately. Unfortunately there is currently no reliable workaround for this.

Although the query is closed, the bug will be reviewed for fixing in a future release. Please check the release notes for future releases at: http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/index.ph...gory/downloads.

==========================================

"Unfortunately there is currently no reliable workaround for this." seems to be a dead end...

I recently reported problems with export > Shipping tables : editing / adding problems
                I seem to be the only person reported it since it was discovered and "it is not seen as economical to fix" - a warning message would be nice = save me hours of investigating...

For the Paypal, you would think they would at least just enable the buttons when "Pre-Authorise" is selected, and greyed out if it wasn't...

Yeah, ebay extensions is something we've been looking forward to - I've tried the beta test, but had trouble setting up the ebay sandbox account - I gave up testing when I had no response to the problems setting it up...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsBee View Post
                  I entered the partial amount that I needed refunding and was horrified to see that the whole transaction got refunded! Well, my PayPal control panel reported as such, but SellerDeck seemed to be under the impression that only my partial amount had been refunded.
                  We've just noticed the problem you reported... a partial PayPal refund has been processed as a FULL refund.

So, now two major problems with PayPal-Sellerdeck...
                  - #1 Fully paid PayPal orders received as PSP-Pending
                  - #2 Partial Refund does not work at all

Wish it works like Sellerdeck Payments
                  (which works great - no PSP Pending / no refund problems etc)

I wish they would put up a notice to warn customers... (disabling the button would be nice too)
                  ...we could have £1000's orders, partial refund of £1s, but PayPal refunds the whole £1000's....

Comment

The problem with partial refunds was reported as bug ref PSP-564. It is resolved in v16.0.2, which is available now here: www.sellerdeck.co.uk/index.php/support/category/ecommerce-software. I apologise for the inconvenience caused.
                    Bruce Townsend
                    Ecommerce Product Manager
                    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
                    X