Sellerdeck in 2 locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sellerdeck in 2 locations

Would it be possible to run a Sellerdeck site in 2 locations if you had the main folder in a Dropbox folder?

The different locations would never be used at the same time, and I know there would be a delay in Dropbox updating between machines.

The idea is to use the site at work Monday to Friday, and home Saturday, Sunday and evenings. Currently I have to do this with snapshots.
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Damascus Steel Rings

it would be less stressful perhaps to use remote control. I do this all the time as I am out of the country a lot.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Hi Jules,

We have used this in the past, but 1 location has 200mb broadband, whilst the other has the worlds slowest connection, so it doesn't work too well.

The way I was hoping it would work was that I would be working locally on one computer, and say the next morning the other computer would have had the site folder updated via Dropbox.
      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I don't see why that wouldn't work - we already use OneDrive for a lot of our files. You could always try it one weekend and if it works, stick with it.
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
        X