Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loyalty discount on product quantity discount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loyalty discount on product quantity discount?

I am wondering if a way we give a discount is effecting our reports/stock or something else. We have it set up so that EPOS applies a product quantity discount based on how much of that product you buy.

For example, if you buy one item you pay £0.20 per item. If you buy 11, you still pay £0.20/item. However, when you buy 12 items you then reach/receive a discount on those items - we only charge you a total of £1.60. The till receipt shows a charge of 20p x 12 = £2.40 but at the bottom of the till receipt a discount is shown by a promotional credit of 80p (thus £1.60 in total is paid)

Additionally, we also offer a loyalty discount. When a customer reaches the loyalty discount (10 stamps), they receive 10% off. The EPOS software however does not like a discount on a discount. It seems not to recognise the above 20p product if you take the discount first - as the 20p bead now is 18p and the way the product discount is set, it is looking for 12 @ 20p.

I have always given a cash 'refund' to give this 'discount on a discount'. I go to the final screen to pay to see what the total is after the buying discount is given (£1.60) and then go back a screen and issue a 16p cash 'refund'.

I have two questions:
    1) Am I somehow unknowingly effecting our stock value (or another report/figure) - it is just a cash refund I give No cash is given. They are in effect getting 10% off of £1.60 as I give them a 16p refund (e.g.) so they end up paying £1.44 in total.
    2) Is there another way for me to set these types of quantity discounts so that I can give a 'discount on a discount' so that as in the above, they still pay £1.44. Should I choose another discount option for these types of products?

Thanks, Mike
    Mike
    www.thebead.co.uk

The Bead Company is the largest bead shop in the UK!

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately you cannot apply a discount to a discount other than the way you are currently. I will add you to the wish list report for this.

What you are doing shouldn't have any affect on the stock values.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X