Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11.03 Variable 'ActinicTermsAndConditionsLink' is not defined coding error.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11.03 Variable 'ActinicTermsAndConditionsLink' is not defined coding error.

This coding error seems to have shown up with 11.03. Not sure if it happens in the UK version, but it definitely happens in the US version for all sites: new and upgraded.

The Terms And Conditions Bulk Area layout includes a variable called ActinicTermsAndConditionsLink. This variable does not exist in the Library. If you replace the missing variable with the previously used 'TermsAndConditions' variable, the displayed link shows "Shopping Cart by Actinic" when viewing the Terms and Conditions page in preview and online.
    Cheers, Todd Edwardson
    sigpic
    Edwardson.com & SellerDeck US Sales & Service
    800-503-5717 | 609-773-0800
    todd@edwardson.com

Hello Todd

I am guessing this is an upgraded site? As a test, I tried both a snapshot and installation upgrade from v11.0.2 which used 'ActinicTermsAndConditionsLink' variable. However post upgrade the variable is correctly updated to TermsAndConditionsLink and no coding error comes up.
    Am I missing something here? Could you help us with some more details re this?

Regards
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Krithika, in v11.03 (US) I just created a new site, opened the Terms And Conditions Bulk and immediately receive the Coding Error. The layout Code for Terms And Conditions Bulk Area shows on line 15 <actinic:variable name="ActinicTermsAndConditionsLink" />. You are right, if I replace the <actinic:variable name="ActinicTermsAndConditionsLink" /> with <actinic:variable name="TermsAndConditionsLink" /> the coding error goes away.

But, I just tried it on another PC and the correct link is there. My mistake, I will reinstall. Thanks
      Cheers, Todd Edwardson
      sigpic
      Edwardson.com & SellerDeck US Sales & Service
      800-503-5717 | 609-773-0800
      todd@edwardson.com

Comment

Ah, no worries, glad it is sorted

Regards
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck