Painfully slow log in with V14.01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painfully slow log in with V14.01

Multi user log in times have never been exactly snappy, but after upgrading to v14.01 this morning i'm experiencing loading times of 15-20 mins per user.

Look at what catalog.exe is doing it seems to be sat there with little to nothing going on.

Currently windows is telling me it's not responding with 0% CPU, 5.1% memory, 0% Disk, and 0.8mbps network. (has been that way for over 5 mins now)

It's a simple network setup with a windows 8.1 machine running the actinic server sharing the data between 7 users.

Does anyone know what is going on here, and how we can speed this up?

My experience

I am far from an expert, but I also had/have a problem when upgraded to 14.0.1 that I have not been able to fix but have found a liveable-with work around. When I log in the my main site on Sellerdeck it takes so long that I don't. I instead login into a minor site or, better still, a virgin site created, called Test. This loads quickly. Then I activate the main site, the one I want to login to, and it loads reasonably quickly, almost instantly. Interestingly, a Sellerdeck employee sorting a problem logged into my computer, created the Test site when she encountered the same problem, and did it quickly as if she had encountered it before.

Our second user does this same procedure when logging in.

Sarah

Comment

I might have to give that a try.

I suspect our problem is also something to do with the rapidly expanding database (it's currently up to 450mb).

I've open a support ticket, so hopefully one of us finds real solution soon

Comment

Originally posted by Dealec View Post
        I might have to give that a try.

I suspect our problem is also something to do with the rapidly expanding database (it's currently up to 450mb).

I've open a support ticket, so hopefully one of us finds real solution soon

You could be right. The Database is MS Access and from what recall meant to have a maximum of 22, 000 products tops. If exceeded that I have seen it slow sites down.

If that is the problem might have to look at moving up to MySQL version of SellerDeck

Comment

We're currently listing approximately 5,000 products, which equates to 13,587 entries (listed when running a all product stock check)

if the 22,000 limit is on products we have plenty of head room, but if it's 22,000 entries we're heading towards the maximum.

Hopefully we'll get a response from support today.

Comment

I can't help wondering if it might be your anti-virus software checking the file that's loading on startup.

It would make some kind of sense that a simple test site can be checked quicker at start up than a big one and then once the anti-virus was happy that everything is safe the large site could be loaded without any problems.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Interesting idea, i hadn't thought of that.

Weirdly i'm currently not showing the problem on my machine, and can log straight into the working site without a problem.

I'll try disabling the anti-virus for a moment while i load sellerdeck on another machine to see if it makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Dealec View Post
                We're currently listing approximately 5,000 products, which equates to 13,587 entries (listed when running a all product stock check)

if the 22,000 limit is on products we have plenty of head room, but if it's 22,000 entries we're heading towards the maximum.

Hopefully we'll get a response from support today.
                That limit includes fragments and sections, not just products and I have heard figures as low as 5000, it all depends on the capability of the PC that is hosting the database, network capability and the activity on the network for multiple user systems.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                Custom Packages

Comment

Support came back with a solution which involved changing the database driver.

Seems to have solved the problem, although i guess only time will tell

Comment

Working...
                  X