Mobile-friendly (to search engines)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile-friendly (to search engines)...

When looking at my SD2014 website on a Google or Bing Mobile-friendliness test, it alerts me of the following error:

Viewport not configured correctly
    Consider using the following viewport settings to ensure that your page works well on mobile devices <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

Should this really be happening when using SD2014 with the Smart theme? I would assume that these kind of checks had already been done..?

My site is based on the Smart theme and it checked out OK on SD2014 and is still OK after upgrading to 2016. Maybe the problem is not inherent in out-of-the-box SellerDeck?

John
    John Ennals
    www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

I get the same on Bing but not on Google. Using the Classic theme in 14.03. Wasn't aware of the problem before you mentioned it, how annoying.
      Kind Regards
      Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by logoshed View Post
        When looking at my SD2014 website on a Google or Bing Mobile-friendliness test, it alerts me of the following error:

Viewport not configured correctly
        Consider using the following viewport settings to ensure that your page works well on mobile devices <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

Should this really be happening when using SD2014 with the Smart theme? I would assume that these kind of checks had already been done..?
        initial-scale=1 - refers to the define scale the website, This parameter sets the initial zoom level, which means if 1 CSS pixel is equal to 1 view port pixel. This parameter help to when you changing orientation mode, or preventing a default zooming. without this parameter responsive site work.

In none tech speak:

With Sellerdeck setting to 0 ensures that the Canvas is rendered in its native resolution. Kinda a catch all

Comment

Working...
        X